Friday, March 6, 2009

Dear God, It's Me And It's Urgent

Title: DEAR GOD, IT’S ME AND IT’S URGENT
Author: Marion Stroud
Publisher: Discovery House Publishers
October 2008
ISBN: 978-1572932722
Genre: Inspirational/poetry/women

Dear Lord, I want to thank you for the privilege of prayer. Thank you that I can come to you at any time, day or night. (from the back cover)

Take a break, grab a cup of coffee or tea and sit down for a few minutes, focusing your thoughts and your heart on one of the prayers in DEAR GOD, IT’S ME AND IT’S URGENT.

The prayers are great for your own private devotions as well as for sharing with other women. The book contains poems that will minister to every aspect of a woman’s life. Including:

Ø A Woman Within
Ø A Woman and Marriage
Ø A Woman and Her Children
Ø A Woman at Work
Ø A Woman Who Cares
Ø A Woman Growing Older

The topics range from A Bride’s Prayer to Feeling Unwanted and even addresses concerns such as Blue Monday, Mid-Life Crisis, After Chemotherapy, and Bereavement, making it truly a book for every woman. Singleness, marriage, parenting, careers, being a caregiver, and growing older are all addressed in this one small book.

I enjoyed reading the poems are part of my daily devotions, and found that they truly did minister to me where I am in life – where I have been – and even where I am going. Some of the poems are so poignant they made me cry. The one entitled After Chemotherapy for instance, even though not written by a woman going through it, still conveys all the heartfelt feelings of someone who has knows and understands.

DEAR GOD, IT’S ME AND IT’S URGENT caught my attention the moment it arrived in the mail. I laughed about the title, but wondered if it would really convey the urgency that a woman faces in day-to-day life. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it not only captures that, but it also ministers in the process. Pick up a copy of DEAR GOD, IT’S ME AND IT’S URGENT for yourself, and any other woman you know that may of need of it’s comforting poems someday. Hardcover making it beautiful for gift-giving. 217 pages.

No comments:

Where Am I? God, Help Me! #Devotional by Becky Van Vleet

  “Ah, Lord  God ! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for...