Thursday, July 12, 2012

Launch Out Into the Deep!


Title: LAUNCH OUT INTO THE DEEP!
Author: Acacia Slaton Beumer
Poet: Aaron L. Slaton
Publisher: Create Space
April 2012
ISBN: 978-1468024524
Genre: Essays / Christian living

Judging by the cover of this book, I thought it was for young adults, tweeners, and maybe a science fiction novel. One should never judge a book by it’s cover.

This is in reality, in the author’s own words: Bold, daring, daring and life-changing truths, candid answers to real-life stories and scenarios.

LAUNCH OUT INTO THE DEEP! addresses these issues and more:

. is there hope for someone who is single and tired of waiting?
. how can I overcome sexual perversion?
. is there forgiveness for someone who knew the truth but committed sexual sin?
. my spouse is not a believer and I’m tired of the battle, should I call it quits?
. how can I learn to accept and love myself?
. and much much more.

The book is filled with the author’s perspectives on these subjects, biblical insights, thoughtful poetry, resource guides, and discussion questions at the end of each chapter.

LAUNCH OUT INTO THE DEEP! would be wonderful as a small group book. But the age limits are not really well defined. Some are geared for singles and teens, others are geared for married couples or women… so if you were to use it as a small group you’d need to be picky with the chapters and only choose the ones relevant to that group.

I’m not sure if I recommend this book or not. I’m torn. There are many positives. Also some negatives. But it is definitely something to consider to see if it meets your needs. Maybe it could be kept in a church library, or a Christian counselor, to help with specific issues. $9.99. 198 pages.

No comments:

Just for the Summer: (A Fun Swapped Roles Contemporary Clean Romance Novel)

  Just for the Summer:  (A Fun Swapped Roles Contemporary Clean Romance Novel)  March 19, 2024 by  Melody Carlson   (Author) Ginny Masters m...