Friday, October 21, 2016

The Wounded Heart

The Wounded Heart: 

An Amish Quilt Novel #1

Paperback, ebook, hardcover, audio, mp3 cd

April 1, 2014


  • Paperback: 308 pages
  • Publisher: FaithWords; 
  • ISBN-13: 978-1455557004

When a business offer turns into something more personal, Amelia is torn between what logic tells her is right, and the desire of her heart. 

A widow with two small children, Amelia Beiler is struggling to make ends meet. She is running her late husband's business, but it's not what she was raised to do, which is run a home. When she gets an offer for the business from Eli Fischer, she's only too relieved to consider it-especially when it looks like Eli's interest might include more than just the shop. But when she begins to experience strange physical symptoms and is diagnosed with multiple sclerosis, it's difficult not to question God's will. If she pursues the treatment she believes in, she risks going under the bann. But how can she allow Eli to court her when she can't promise him a future?


Includes instructions to make the quilt block featured in the novel.

My thoughts:  First, the disclaimer.  "I was provided a free copy of this book. All opinions are my own." That done, THE WOUNDED HEART is the first book I've read by Ms. Senft and it was good. At first I wasn't sure what I would think of it. Women's fiction is not usually one of my favorite genres, I like a strong romance. This is a story about Amelia, a widow coming to terms with her husband's death, running her deceased husband's business, interacting with her friends, her family, and being diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. Scary! 

I did end up greatly enjoying this book, and  highly recommend it to fans of Amish fiction or women's fiction. There was a surprise twist I never saw coming, and there are hints of a possible romance but that is not the focus of the story. 

The characters in this story are all very realistic, people you or I could meet on the street. I loved Emma's care of her parents, and even though Amelia had some disagreements with her mother's chosen methods of healthcare, she still honored and respected her. 

A great book. I will read more by Ms. Senft.  5 stars. 


1 comment:

Will Jackson said...

This sounds like an excellent read. Thank you for sharing

Abundant Grace: 40 Days of Walking in the Goodness of God: A #Devotional #preorder

  Abundant Grace: 40 Days of Walking in the Goodness of God: A Devotional  April 2, 2024 by  Will Kassner   (Author),  Courtney Kassner   (A...