Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Storm Front



Storm Front 

(Montana Rescue #5) 

Paperback, ebook, hardcover, audio

May 1, 2018

by Susan May Warren


  • Paperback: 336 pages
  • Publisher: Revell 
  • ISBN-13: 978-0800727475




Life and love hang in the balance during a deadly summer of storms.

A tornado has destroyed a small Minnesota community, and among the missing are not only a group of students but also PEAK Rescue team leader Chet King. Ty Remington will stop at nothing to rescue his mentor, not even when the girl he loved--and lost--walks back into his life. But Brette needs his help more than he knows, despite her stubborn determination to push him away. And when he gets a second chance, loving her just might cost him more than he can imagine.


A blogger for Vortex Storm Chasers, Brette Arnold didn't expect her adventures to land her in the same place as Ty, the guy who she walked--no, ran--from over a year ago. She had her reasons--good ones. The kind that tell her that falling for him again would only lead to heartache. But Ty isn't the kind of man to give up--not on the missing students or on her.




My thoughts: STORM FRONT is the fifth book in this ongoing adventure series Montana Rescue, which isn't limited to just Montana. This particular story is mostly set in Minnesota where the PEAK team is trying to find missing junior high and high school athletes who went missing in the tornado. Add to the fact that a PEAK team member has gone missing with the athletes. Of course they're going to get involved. 

I started reading the story and discovered the Brette had had breast cancer - and I'm like Oh no. Not another breast cancer story.  I just couldn't handle it.  My daughter said, It's not that bad, Mom, and so I read and I related. Haven't I looked at my own scarred, ravaged body in the mirror, looking for something that says I am still me and not just a poor destroyed version of me.  

Ty. Oh, I loved him from book one. He was quiet, caring, THERE, for everyone and everyone just seemed to look over him, through him and treated him as if he wasn't a valuable team member. I can relate to that too. I'm nobody. Who are you? You know?  But Ty has hutches and maybe his hutches might be what saves the day--for someone. For Brette... for the missing students... for the hurting parents and spouses of the coaches... for the team who are still all fighting individual battles... He has to be the hero for someone.

Ms. Warren has been a long time favorite author of mine, I introduced my daughters to her books, I devour everything she has written. One of those authors, you know.  

I paid money for this book. I am not obligated to leave a review. I am because I loved the book. So yes, I am a verified buyer at one online retailer.  All opinions are my own. 



1 comment:

Marilyn R. said...

Another book that needs to be read by this reader, but so many other ones to read too. : )

Just for the Summer: (A Fun Swapped Roles Contemporary Clean Romance Novel)

  Just for the Summer:  (A Fun Swapped Roles Contemporary Clean Romance Novel)  March 19, 2024 by  Melody Carlson   (Author) Ginny Masters m...