Monday, May 12, 2008

Sincerely, Mayla

Mayla Strong’s life has fallen apart just as she has finally developed a good relationship with God. Her boss has hired his niece to do Mayla’s job, and Mayla is out of a job. A friend, Lindsey, has threatened to run away from home and wants to stay with Mayla, and one wrong word has ruined any chances Mayla had with developing a relationship with Pastor Paul. Not to mention, her neighbor, Stuart, is angry with Mayla.

Desperate to get away from all her problems, Mayla decides to take the opportunity to visit her grandmother in Florida. But one by one, her problems literally follow. As Mayla tries to solve each problem, will she learn something about herself?

Sincerely, Mayla is the long awaited sequel to Just As I Am. Mayla is just as strong and as quirky a character as she was in the first book. I fell in love with her in Just As I Am and that love grew in Sincerely, Mayla. I hope to see another book starring this spunky heroine.

The faith message is strong, but is expertly woven in. There were a lot of good parts that I wish I could share with some people I know. Mayla is strong, and each of the secondary characters are so well developed that it seemed as though they were my dear friends and I loved every moment I spent with them. Sincerely, Mayla is a wonderful read that I highly recommend. Don’t miss it. Available at http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0825436923.

1 comment:

Virginia Smith said...

Thanks for the great review!

Abundant Grace: 40 Days of Walking in the Goodness of God: A #Devotional #preorder

  Abundant Grace: 40 Days of Walking in the Goodness of God: A Devotional  April 2, 2024 by  Will Kassner   (Author),  Courtney Kassner   (A...