Friday, July 25, 2014

A July Bride

Title: A JULY BRIDE
Author: Beth Wiseman
Publisher: Zondervan
June 2014
ASIN:  B00GRYXPB4
Genre: Contemporary romance novella

A year's worth of novellas from twelve inspirational romance authors. Happily ever after guaranteed.

Can she forgive the man who left her at the altar? Alyssa Pennington dated Brendan Myers for three years before she accepted his proposal. For almost a year, Alyssa's friends and family helped her plan a lovely wedding to take place in the church she'd grown up in. It was the happiest day of her life when she walked down the aisle to be united with the man of her dreams. But when Brendan left her at the altar, Alyssa was consumed by humiliation, embarrassment, and a broken heart that wouldn't allow her to trust anyone. Especially Brendan.

Brendan Myers knows he will spend the rest of his life regretting what he did to Alyssa, the only woman he's ever loved. Without her, his life is empty. In one fateful moment, he'd panicked, destroyed their future, and ruined everything. Now he plans to win her back.

But winning back his bride might prove much more difficult than he can imagine. And even if he does get her to the altar again, will she think turnabout is fair play?

A JULY BRIDE is the eighth book in the Year of Weddings series. It was a quick read, and without having read the blurb above before I read the novella I had no idea whether Alyssa would choose Brendan or Dalton.

I’m not sure how I feel about this book. I liked some of it and didn’t like some of it. Ms. Wiseman is a hit and miss author for me. I have loved some of her books. I have not loved some. This one falls into the miss category, I think. I didn’t grow to care for any of the characters. I didn’t care whether she chose Brendan or Dalton. I did like the way both men wanted to take care of her during a Texan ice storm. I liked the way Brendan listened when he was told he was trying to hard to win Alyssa back.

I love the cover of this novella.


If you like Ms. Wiseman’s contemporaries, you might like A JULY BRIDE. $3.79. 

No comments:

Abundant Grace: 40 Days of Walking in the Goodness of God: A #Devotional #preorder

  Abundant Grace: 40 Days of Walking in the Goodness of God: A Devotional  April 2, 2024 by  Will Kassner   (Author),  Courtney Kassner   (A...