Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Waiting for Dawn

Waiting for Dawn

A Team Hope Novella 

Kindle Edition

by Susan May Warren


  • Print Length: 61 pages
  • Publisher: Tyndale House Publishers, Inc. 
  • Publication Date: September 8, 2011
  • ASIN: B005LXUS7G

In this prequel to Flee the Night—the first book in Susan May Warren’s critically acclaimed Team Hope series—Lacey Galloway leads a rather predictable life as a contractor for the Department of Defense. But news that Sergeant First Class Jim Micah is missing in action leads her on a dangerous trek overseas to rescue the man who secretly captured her heart. 

Although her DOD connections quickly cut through the red tape, she also enlists the help of her ex-boyfriend and Micah’s best friend, Lieutenant John Montgomery. As they hatch a covert plan to find and rescue Micah, Lacey’s feelings are once again torn between the two men. 

Filled with romance and adventure, this twisty tale will hold you captive to the very last page.

My thoughts: It's been awhile since I read Ms. Warren's Team Hope series, and then I found this novella hidden in some obscure part of my kindle--unread.  Ms. Warren is one of my favorite adventure and romance authors so I had to catch up on a book, um, novella, that somehow I missed. 

Even back in 2011 Ms. Warren wrote brilliantly with characters that are real, and ones you care for. Now I do remember that the Team Hope series was one of my least favorite series of Warrens (though I can't remember why, and this urges me to pull my copies of those books out of the bookcase and find out the rest of the story, because yes, Lacey goes in to rescue Micah and his team, but there isn't a satisfactory ending in this novella, mainly because it's the prequel and basically the beginning chapters of a series that weren't included in the books. 


If you are catching up on Ms. Warren's books and the Team Hope series are on your to-read pile, then read this novella first. It can be read in an hour or two and you'll know the beginning. Plenty of action, lots of adventure, and my heart broke for Micah. A real hero.  


I got a copy of this novella from Netgalley. All opinions are my own. 

2 comments:

Marilyn R. said...

Another series I'm going to have to add to my growing list of TBR books.

Marie Bast said...

Susan May Warren is one of my favorites authors. Thanks for sharing.

This Special Blessing for You Hardcover – Picture Book #childrensbook

  This Special Blessing for You  Hardcover – Picture Book, February 20, 2024 by  Eric Schrotenboer   (Author),  Meredith Schrotenboer   (Aut...