Sunday, August 4, 2019

Victory in Jesus by B J Bassett


Victory in Jesus
Every God-begotten person conquers the world’s ways. The conquering power that brings the world to its knees is our faith. The person who wins out over the world’s ways is simply the one who believes Jesus is the Son of God. 1 John 5:4-5 MSG

I was average in every way. On report card days I plodded home, my shoulders bent like a ton of bricks where on my back. I wanted my parents to be proud of me, but how could they be? My report card was proof of my average ability.

I did not excel in athletics either. Even with all the years of dance and acrobatic lessons my parents provided for me, I was still a klutz. I was the last one picked for a team and I never ran a victory lap.

Many times I not only felt average, I felt like a loser. Not good enough.

Yet, there was one area where I shined. My faith was never average. I was on fire for my Lord from the time I was a teenager, and the flame never went out. Not because of anything I did, but because of what God did in sacrificing His only Son for me and for you.

Is there an area in your life where you are the victor? Maybe it’s your faith.

Heavenly Father, I lift up those who feel average. In Your sight we have victory in Jesus. We’ve overcome the world because of Your sacrifice of Your Son. Amen.





B. J. Bassett encourages others as an author, teacher and speaker. Her books include a contemporary novel, Gillian’s Heart; a historical novel Lily; Sweet Charity; A Touch of Grace—The G.R.A.C.E. Ministries Story; and coauthor of a children’s devotional My Time with God, Focus on the Family, Heritage Builders, with over 55,000 copies sold.

As a contributing writer, publications consist of Writer’s Handbook 2000, The Writer, and The Focus on the Family Guide to Growing a Healthy Home, Wolgemuth& Hyatt, Publishers, Inc.—consistently on Bookstore Journal’s Best-selling Christian Books List from November 1990 - February 1991, and voted the 10 Best Books for 1990 by Today’s Christian Woman.

Magazines, devotional booklets, curriculum and newspaper publishers include Focus on the Family, Woman’s World, The Quiet Hour, Pathways to God, Devotions, Harcourt Brace, WordAction, Gospel Publishing and Times Standard (newspaper).

She teaches writing workshops at Umpqua Community College, Roseburg, OR and at writer’s conferences. As a speaker for Stonecroft Ministries, she tells her story of rejection and acceptance, not only in life, but as a writer as well. She also offers book talks, including discussion questions and shares the journey -- from the seed of an idea to a published book.

Memberships: ACFW and Oregon Christian Writers (OCW).

She enjoys reading, jigsaw puzzles, knitting, munching warm scones oozing with butter and strawberry jam and sipping earl grey tea.











6 comments:

Linda Hoover said...

What a wonderful thought, BJ. You can't get better than victory in Jesus. :)
Linda

Julie Arduini said...

I love this. Your devotions are always such an encouragement. Thanks for sharing this gem, Laura!

Kathleen said...

Lovely encouragement, Bunny! Thanks so much for sharing your wisdom. And thank you, Laura, for featuring her on your blog.

HeidiDruKortman said...

Average is only a label. Your friendship is outstanding.

Marilyn R. said...

Another encouraging word, B. J. Thank God we have Victory in Jesus as the old hymn goes.

B. J. Bassett said...

You bless my heart by posting my devotionals. Thank you, Laura.

Just for the Summer: (A Fun Swapped Roles Contemporary Clean Romance Novel)

  Just for the Summer:  (A Fun Swapped Roles Contemporary Clean Romance Novel)  March 19, 2024 by  Melody Carlson   (Author) Ginny Masters m...