Friday, October 27, 2023

#Interview with Renee Ann Giggie about her new gluten-free #recipe book

 


 

BLURB:



As someone who loves bread, I can’t imagine not being able to eat any of it because of a gluten intolerance. I admit I don’t know much about Celiac’s disease, but hearing the stories my customers shared gave me a heart for these people. For some of them, it’s so severe, it’s a wonder they can eat anything at all.


That’s why when people kept asking me if any of my baked goods were gluten-free, I decided to try my hand at it. It’s also why I wanted to publish this book, so they can enjoy sweet treats too.


Whether you have an intolerance to gluten, have Celiac’s disease, or simply make it a personal choice not to eat gluten, it is my hope you’ll love these recipes and let others know about this book so they can benefit from it as well.


BUY HERE:  https://amzn.to/3PwVr0a




 

BIO:



Renee-Ann and her husband are retired and live in Alberta. They have two sons, and 5 grandsons – yes, she’s totally outnumbered and grateful for her two daughters-in-law. She’s also a novelist, baker, and card maker. She loves sightseeing, traveling, and cherishes every moment she spends with the family God has given her.

 

INTERVIEW QUESTIONS:


1. How did you get into baking?


While recovering from two work-related injuries, I was looking for something to do. Someone suggested I start baking for the local market. I love puttering in the kitchen, so I decided to give it a try. I baked banana bread, pumpkin bread, brownies, and cookies. Little did I know what God had in store for me.

 

2. Why gluten-free?


I started with basic regular recipes. I had no idea there was such a demand for gluten-free until one by one, customers kept asking for it so I gave it a try. After a few failed attempts, and thanks to a very dear customer’s suggestion, I was able to come up with amazing recipes.

 

3. Did you bake only gluten-free?


No. It’s funny how God keeps opening doors. People asked for Vegan, Keto, Dairy-free, Nut-free, Sugar-free, one asked for energy balls. The list kept growing. If I wanted to keep my clientele growing, I had to give them what they were looking for. Fortunately, I was the only one at the market who had such a wide variety, so they kept coming back.

 

4. What separates your book from other gluten-free recipe books?


First, unless specified, most recipes in this book are low-sugar, low-fat, dairy-free, and nut-free. But all of them are gluten-free.


Second, and this is the best part, this book is for everyone. Whether or not you have a gluten-free intolerance, you can benefit from the amazing goodness of these recipes. If you don’t need gluten-free, all
you need to do is simply substitute the gluten-free flour with an equal amount of all-purpose regular flour. The rest of the recipe stays exactly the same.

 

5. How does it compare to regular?


You can’t tell it’s gluten-free. My breads are just as moist as the regular ones. I’ve heard people say gluten-free tastes like cardboard. False! My breads don’t. If they did, my customers would not have returned week after for over 3 years. One customer ordered 30+ lemon muffins on a weekly basis. Another wanted several banana breads.  

 

6. Why a recipe book?


When my husband and I moved across the country in March, my customers asked for my recipes. One of them suggested I wrote a book and I loved the idea because so many could benefit from it. Not only my customers but people with a gluten-free intolerance, celiac disease, or anyone else looking for amazing healthier quick bread and energy balls recipes.


P.S. There’s also an amazing scrumptious, melt-in-your-mouth, chocolate peanut butter fudge recipe in there.






1 comment:

Renee-Ann said...

Thanks so much for having me. If anyone has any questions about the book, they can ask here, or contact me directly.
Blessings

An Interview with Sarah Reju, Author of Coop Messes Up

  An Interview with Sarah Reju, Author of  Coop Messes Up   For parents with a little one who loves to play with cars and trucks, a new seri...