Monday, December 4, 2017

Interview with Jenna Brandt

Today we welcome Jenna Brandt. Jenna, good to have you stop by. Tell us about the book – a brief blurb: 

My new Christmas anthology-Under the Mistletoe is 8 novellas by 8 authors-2 historical (one of which is mine) as well as 6 contemporary. All stories promising to bring joy to readers this holiday season.

Do you read your reviews? Do you respond to them, good or bad? Do you have any advice on how to deal with the bad? 

I used to read them regularly but then I began to get upset often. Now, I only read them if I happen to be checking something. I do look at the number occasionally just to see if it has gone up. I chose not to comment on any reviews on selling sites of Goodreads but if a reader privately messaged me, I would discuss it with them. I pray about negative reviews-giving it to God and sometimes talk about it with close confidants to vent in a safe environment.

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor? '

Francine Rivers

What book are you reading now? 

I am reading through the other novellas in my anthology. I just finished Holly’s Noel by Elle E. Kay.

What books have most influenced your life most? 

Gone with the Wind and Redeeming Love.

Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work? 

Francine Rivers. She is the author who made me realize I could write historical romances with a Christian world view.

Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest? 

I love Annie Boone, Lorana Hoopes (who is also in my anthology).

If you didn't like writing books, what would you do for a living? 

I run two family businesses with my husband, so I already have another job.

Can you share a little of your current work with us?

            Excerpt from The Christmas Bride (part of the Under the Mistletoe Anthology)

“What are you doing all by yourself?” Matthew asked with concern.
Lucy jerked her head to the side. “I just needed a few minutes alone. I’m better now.”
“Did it have something to do with my mother? I saw her with you right before you left in a hurry. If she did something, I will go handle it.”
The last thing Lucy wanted was to pit Matthew against his mother. “It doesn’t matter. What matters, is that you found me and if you hurry, we can catch the last waltz of the evening.”
As they strolled to the end of the hall, a giant grin spread across Matthew’s face as he looked over at her and pulled her to a stop.
“What is it?” she inquired with a raised eyebrow.
“Look up,” he directed.
Above them was a bundle of mistletoe. A smile formed on Lucy’s mouth. She had been in such a hurry a few minutes prior; she hadn’t seen the Christmas surprise.
“What do you plan to do about it, cowboy?”
Pulling her close, he replied, “this,” as his mouth descended to hers. As their lips touched, an unspoken passion passed between them and Lucy’s body melted into his embrace.
As Matthew pulled back, his mouth curved into a grin. “Happy Christmas, Lucy.”


What book do you wish you could have written? 

The Bible would have been pretty great. Can you imagine having God inspire His Word directly to you?

Share your bio, links for social media and to buy:


Jenna Brandt is a Christian historical fiction author and her books span from the Victorian to Western eras with elements of romance, suspense and faith. Her debut book, The English Proposal, released in May 2017 and it is the first book in her series, The Window to the Heart Saga. Book 2, The French Encounter released in June 2017 and the third in the series, The American Conquest, released in July 2017.

She has been an avid reader since she could hold a book and started writing stories almost as early. She has been published in several newspapers as well as edited for multiple papers. She graduated with her Bachelor of Arts in English from Bethany College and was the Editor-in-Chief of the newspaper while there. She’s an on-going contributor for The Mighty Website and her first blog was published on Yahoo Parenting and The Grief Toolbox as well as featured on the ABC News and Good Morning America websites.

Writing is her passion, but she also enjoys cooking, watching movies, reading, engaging in social media and spending time with her three young daughters and husband where they live in the Central Valley of California. She is also active in her local church where she volunteers on their first impressions team as well as writes for the church’s creative team.

She is offering the first two chapters of each of her books for free on Wattpad.

To find out more about Jenna, to sign-up for her newsletter, or to purchase her books, visit her website at http://www.jennabrandt.com



1 comment:

Marilyn R. said...

Nice interview with Jeanna Brandt, a new author to me. I just saw Under the Mistletoe being prompted in an author's newsletter for this Christmas reading.

The Mysterious Amish Bachelor: An Uplifting Inspirational Romance (Indiana Amish Market, 4)

  The Mysterious Amish Bachelor: An Uplifting Inspirational Romance  (Indiana Amish Market, 4) April 23, 2024 by  Vannetta Chapman   (Author...