Sunday, May 20, 2018

The Marine's New Family

(Love Inspired) 

Mass Market Paperback, ebook 

September 15, 2015

by 

A Hero's Hope 
Returning from active duty, Gunnery Sergeant Luke Barrett is shocked to learn he's a father. Having just lost his mom, ten-year-old Caleb is reserved and wary—and Luke is simply overwhelmed. So when Tess Greenwood agrees to become Caleb's nanny, it's an answer to his prayers. 
Injured while working at an international mission in a war-torn country, Tess is in town to recuperate. The last thing she wants is to get too involved. But as she spends time with the handsome marine and his son, Tess comes to realize that caring for them may just be the cure to her own battered heart.

My thoughts: THE MARINE'S NEW FAMILY is an older Love Inspired book that I just now read.  It is a sweet story about a man who discovers he's  a father and his son is ten years old - and a woman is has PTSD from a bombing she barely survived.  

Add a jealous girlfriend, grandparents who are fighting for custody, a boy struggling to adjust after the death of his mom and going to live with a man he didn't know, and there is plenty of tension.

The setting is lovely, the elderly matchmaking aunts are sweet and funny, the boys are a nice touch.  I could see the black moment coming from the beginning, no big surprise there.

I did end up skimming quite a lot as the story was more told than shown, but it was a good read and I enjoyed it. 

I received a copy from a reader friend. All opinions are my own. 

1 comment:

Marilyn R. said...

Some LI books will grab me more than others.

An Interview with Jonathan Gibson, Author of My First ABC Book of Bible Verses

  An Interview with Jonathan Gibson, Author of  My First ABC Book of Bible Verses   It’s never too early to start sharing the big truths of ...