Monday, November 19, 2018

In Too Deep







In Too Deep 

(Dive Team Investigations #2) 

Paperback, ebook, hardcover, audio 

November 6, 2018

by Lynn H. Blackburn (Author)


  • Paperback: 352 pages
  • Publisher: Revell 
  • ISBN-13: 978-0800729295



How do you choose between loyalty and the truth?

When the dive team is called in to recover a body from a submerged car, they aren't prepared to find an encrypted laptop--or an unsettling connection between investigator Adam Campbell and the dead accountant. 

Adam turns to his friend Dr. Sabrina Fleming--a professor at the local university with unparalleled computer security and forensics skills--to recover the files from the laptop. But the deeper they dig, the deadlier the investigation becomes. When evidence uncovers a human trafficking ring and implicates members of Adam's own family, he and Sabrina will have to risk everything to solve the case. 

The truth could set hundreds free--but someone is willing to do whatever it takes to silence anyone who threatens to reveal their secrets. Award-winning author Lynn H. Blackburn invites readers back to Carrington, North Carolina, where everything is not as it seems and sinister elements lurk behind the idyllic façade.





MY THOUGHTS:  IN TOO DEEP is the second book in Ms. Blackburn's Dive Team Investigation series, but it easily stands alone. I did read the first Beneath the Surface and vaguely remember it, but I don't think I would've been lost if I hadn't read it. 

I have to say I LOVE Adam. He is so sweet and sensitive and handles teasing from his coworkers well (who call him a pretty boy because his family is wealthy). I also loved Sabrina and how beautifully clueless she was until she well, wasn't. 

I did kind of wonder what point her Rosita story had to do with anything in the beginning of the book, but I knew the author put it in there for a reason and so I kept it in the back of my mind and went on.

The suspense is great.  There is actually two different cases to solve, that are - but are not - related.  Who killed the woman whose body was in the lake and why was someone targeting Sabrina?  

I didn't have the beginning of a clue - which is saying a lot for me with Romantic Suspense and I had to keep reading to find out. 

I  highly recommend IN TOO DEEP if you love romantic suspense or know someone who does. Grab your copy now. 

I  was given a copy free. All opinions are my own. 





1 comment:

Marilyn R. said...

Romantic Suspense is a genre I'm reading more of.

This Special Blessing for You Hardcover – Picture Book #childrensbook

  This Special Blessing for You  Hardcover – Picture Book, February 20, 2024 by  Eric Schrotenboer   (Author),  Meredith Schrotenboer   (Aut...