Saturday, May 9, 2020

Ansley's Big Bake Off (Faithgirlz / The Daniels Sisters)

Ansley's Big Bake Off 

(Faithgirlz / The Daniels Sisters #1) 

Paperback – EBOOK

April 7, 2020



My Thoughts (kvh):  ANSLEY'S BIG BAKE OFF reminds our family of the American Girl movie Grace Stirs Up Success in that it is about a young girl (tween) who is super accomplished and lands on a cooking show.

The author is gifted at showing description -- I could almost feel I was there. The use of scripture verses were natural and not an intrusion. I didn't feel they were overdone. What we didn't like was that it felt capitalizing on the rich and glamorous life style of real life child stars who are fictionalizing their family's success while minimizing mama's death. It just rubbed my sister and I the wrong way, Maybe because we are rural, and nowhere near as rich as this family. It just felt rather  boasting to us. "Hey, look at us!"

Maybe we took it wrong and missed the point.  I'm sure this will appeal to some tweens who dream of overnight fame and a star on Hollywood Blvd. Don't take our word for it. Check it out for yourself!

The print is rather small so struggling readers might have issues.

I was given a copy free. All opinions are my own.






No comments:

This Special Blessing for You Hardcover – Picture Book #childrensbook

  This Special Blessing for You  Hardcover – Picture Book, February 20, 2024 by  Eric Schrotenboer   (Author),  Meredith Schrotenboer   (Aut...