Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Interview with Ramona Richards #PreOrder!!!!

 

 

 

Today we welcome Ramona Richards to my blog. Thanks for stopping by, Ramona. Tell us about the book:

 


Burying Daisy Doe
is centered on the idea that every small town has one unsolved case that haunts its memory, festering for generations below the surface with the truth of humanity’s darkness. Star Cavanaugh is obsessed with the one that tore her family apart.

 

More than sixty years ago, Daisy Doe was murdered and discarded outside Pineville, Alabama, buried without a name or anyone to mourn her loss. When Star’s father tried to solve the case, he was also killed. Now a cold-case detective with resources of her own, Star is determined to get to the bottom of both crimes. But she’ll have to face an entire town locked in corruption, silence, and fear—and the same danger that took two other lives.

 

The only people in town she can trust are her grandmother and the charming Mike Luinetti, and both of them trust a God Star isn’t sure she believes in. Can Christians so focused on the good really help her track down this evil?

 

 

How did your interest in writing originate?

 

My interest in writing began early. I grew up around some remarkable Southern storytellers, and I caught the bug when I was a kid. I began making up my own to amuse my family, and started writing them down when I was 7 or 8. My mother bought me a typewriter when I was 10, and I started trying to copy the juvenile novels I was reading.

 

 

What does your writing process look like?

 

I TRY to write something everyday—generally an hour or so after work, then after supper. If I’m on a deadline, I also try to write a couple of hours before work. I work from home, so it’s easier for me to transition from my recliner to my office.

 

 

If you could cast your characters in the Hollywood adaptation of your book, who would play your characters?

 

Casting my characters is part of my writing process, so I’m ready for this one! But the advantage of being a writer over a casting director is that I can choose younger versions of actors for my cast. In this case, I saw Star as Charlize Theron and Mike as a younger Timothy Olyphant. I saw Charles Dutton as Roscoe.

 

 

Who was your favorite character in Burying Daisy Doe?

 

Definitely Star. She’s wonderfully flawed but trying hard to maintain her sense of right and wrong, justice versus compassion, even as she battles her own demons. Her conversations with the much more upright Mike were a lot of fun to write.

 

 

What are you working on now? What is your next project?

 

I usually have several projects in the hamper, including a sequel to Burying Daisy Doe. Right now, I’m mostly focused on a sequel to my previous book, Murder in the Family.

 

Share your bio:

 


The author of eleven books, Ramona Richards has worked on staff or as a freelancer for more than a dozen publishers and has edited more than 500 publications. Ramona has won awards for both her fiction and non-fiction, and is now associate publisher at Iron Stream Media. She is also a frequent speaker at writer’s conferences around the country. A member of ACFW and AWSA, Ramona lives in the Birmingham, Alabama, area.

 

 

Social media and buying links

 

Website

ramonarichards.com

Twitter

@RamonaRichards

Facebook, personal page

https://www.facebook.com/ramonapope.richards

Facebook, professional page

https://www.facebook.com/ramona.richards/

Instagram

https://www.instagram.com/ramonapoperichards/

GoodReads

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/176771.Ramona_Richards

 

Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Burying-Daisy-Doe-Star-Cavanaugh/dp/082544652X/

 

Barnes and Noble

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/burying-daisy-doe-ramona-richards/1136630900

 

Christian Book Distributors

https://www.christianbook.com/burying-daisy-star-cavanaugh-cold-case/ramona-richards/9780825446528/pd/5446528

 

Target

https://www.target.com/p/burying-daisy-doe-a-star-cavanaugh-cold-case-by-ramona-richards-paperback/-/A-81447403 




2 comments:

Ramona Richards said...

Thank you for hosting me. This was a delight!

Deb Haggerty said...

Can't wait to read! Love cold case investigations!

Just for the Summer: (A Fun Swapped Roles Contemporary Clean Romance Novel)

  Just for the Summer:  (A Fun Swapped Roles Contemporary Clean Romance Novel)  March 19, 2024 by  Melody Carlson   (Author) Ginny Masters m...