Sunday, September 19, 2021

The brass serpent and God’s Unfailing Mercy By Kristin Hilton


 

 

 

 

Numbers 21:5 -9

And people spake against God, and against Moses,  Wherefore have ye brought us out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? for there is no bread, Neither is there any water; And our soul  loatheth this light bread.

And the Lord sent fiery serpents among the people, and they bit the people; And much people of Israel died.

Therefore the people came to Moses,  and said, we have sinned, or we have spoken against the Lord, and against thee; Pray unto the Lord, 30 take away the servants from us. and Moses prayed for the people.

 and the Lord said unto Moses, make thee a fiery servant,And set it upon a pole: And it shall come to pass, that everyone that is bitten, when he looketh upon it, shall live.

And Moses made a servant of brass, And put it upon a pole, and it came to pass,That if a servant had bitten any man, when he beheld the servant of brass, he  lived. 

The people were complaining, AKA whining to God and to Moses, oh woe it's me, You brought us out here to die, we would be better off as slaves, we are thirsty, we are hungry Well nice to meet you Hangry, Need I remind you who I am, I am God, rescuing you from bondage, don't you remember how I brought you across the parted sea on dry land, you are making me mad. And He scent fiery servants among them and many of Israel died, They knew God was punishing them for being so ungrateful, they came to Moses, saying we have sinned, we spoke against the LORD and against thee, Yes, yes you did you spoiled wine if you don't get your way Israelites, When will you ever born that I am the Lord your father, I know what is best for you my child, just trust and believe in me. the Lord said unto Moses, make thee a fiery serpent, And set it upon a pole; And it shall come to pass, that everyone that is bitten, When he looketh upon it shall live. And Moses made a serpent of brass, and put it upon a pole, And it came to pass, that is a servant had bitten any man, when he beheld the servant of brass, he lived. Numbers 21:5, they were complaining, then they were getting bitten, and to look up to the serpent of brass, Let me say that again,(” They look up to the serpent of brass and lived” ) Does that not remind you of something else  like the  cross? Looking up to Jesus on the cross, and believing on him, look and live, what did Jesus now and live, you don't have to be a slave anymore, all the sin, all the wrong you're ever done, nailed to the cross, paid in full, it's not by works you are saved the Israelites did not have to work for the antidote, look up and live. Salvation is that easy you don't have to work to keep it, or do a little forgive me Father for I have sinned to another sinner in a closet behind a curtain. You don't even have to fall to your knees, just look up. 

Lord, I'm a sinner I am unworthy to be in your presence, Lord I know you died for my sins, that  I may be free, I accept you as my Lord and Savior and father, thank you for saving me.




1 comment:

Julie Arduini said...

You have an amazing writer's voice. I hope writing is part of your future!

Just for the Summer: (A Fun Swapped Roles Contemporary Clean Romance Novel)

  Just for the Summer:  (A Fun Swapped Roles Contemporary Clean Romance Novel)  March 19, 2024 by  Melody Carlson   (Author) Ginny Masters m...