Sunday, October 10, 2021

Why Me??!! By Jenna V Hilton


 

I've written several times about my pitbull black labrador mix, Skye's, EXTREME dislike for water. Skye always acts like she's going to her death. Once Skye's in the tub bathroom, she's extremely submissive, letting me pick up all fifty plus pounds of her and placing her in the bathtub. But the whole time, she's making eye contact, and she just looks so pitiful. I don't know what caused her phobia of water, we certainly didn't do anything to her, but she can't stand water. But she trusts me not to drown her. After the whole ordeal, she's extra snuggly, pressing as close to me as possible, and communicating, "phew! Glad THAT'S over!"

Sometimes, the things that we go through don't make any sense. It's scary. We're forced to face our fears. We're bucking back, like, "Stop! I don't wanna do this!" And God's chasing after you, saying, "Come back! I'm trying to clean off the dirt that's making you feel so miserable! I'M TRYING TO HELP YOU!!" that can be a hard concept to grasp sometimes, but God loves us too much to leave us in our condition.
Dear heavenly father, thank you so much for loving us. Thank you for working in us, making us more like you. In Jesus name, amen.


Jenna V. Hilton is nineteen, and lives in Arkansas with her parents, two sisters, a brother, and dog.  She is a senior in high school and planning to attend college to become a veterinarian.




1 comment:

Marilyn R. said...

Jenna, yourself insight into God's Word is amazing! Keep writing your devotionals.

Just for the Summer: (A Fun Swapped Roles Contemporary Clean Romance Novel)

  Just for the Summer:  (A Fun Swapped Roles Contemporary Clean Romance Novel)  March 19, 2024 by  Melody Carlson   (Author) Ginny Masters m...