Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A Marriage Carol




Title: A MARRIAGE CAROL
Authors; Chris Fabry & Gary Chapman
Publisher: Moody Publishers
September 2011
ISBN: 978-0802402646
Genre: Inspirational/Fiction/Christmas/Marriage

Marlee and Jacob are headed to the lawyer to sign the divorce papers on a snowy Christmas Eve—their twentieth wedding anniversary. They are tired of fighting, and Marlee is pulling away, Jacob seems to be a the “whatever stage” where he just let her rant and paid her no mind.

When the highway is crawling with traffic, Jacob pulls off to take a shortcut. Marlee is upset about that, but Jacob does what he wants. A semi comes over a hill and broadsides them, knocking their car into a ditch.

When Marlee comes to, Jacob is missing, gone from the vehicle. There’s no sign of the truck. She’s all alone. But what happens next may just change their future…

A MARRIAGE CAROL is a short, easy to read Christmas story about the importance of fighting for a marriage. I could see little things in there that Marlee was doing, things that was pushing Jacob away, and his responses to it.

I am the mother of five children, and my husband and I decided long ago, we’d never say “I quit.” That marriage is worth fighting for. We’ve been married twenty-five years ago this year. I’m not going to say it’s always been easy. But I am saying that we’re still fighting for our marriage. And I encourage everyone to read this book—it will change your life. $14.99 hardcover. 128 pages.

2 comments:

Wendy Newcomb said...

Thank you for the review, this sounds really good.

wrensthoughts.blogspot.com

Judy said...

Thanks for your review. This is a book I'd love to read. It might help me right now. My husband lost his job a month ago and I am very angry about it. I take it out on him even though it was unfair to what happened to him. He was just under 4 years to be able to retire with full benefits. Right now he can't even draw unemployment. I know God will provide..I just need to get over the anger. I'm not use to trying to make a penny stretch this far. I guess God is teaching me a lesson too.

I'm hoping to pick this book up at the Library.

Blessings!
Judy B

Abundant Grace: 40 Days of Walking in the Goodness of God: A #Devotional #preorder

  Abundant Grace: 40 Days of Walking in the Goodness of God: A Devotional  April 2, 2024 by  Will Kassner   (Author),  Courtney Kassner   (A...