Friday, May 31, 2013

Interview with Jamie Adams


1. Why do you write the kind of books you do?

I love westerns, cowboys and stories where the hero rides off into the
sunset, with the heroine off course. Action scenes are my favorite scenes to
write and westerns are full of them.

2. What are you reading right now?

Last night I just finished reading Bittersweet by Linda Cushman. It’s one of
the best books I’ve ever read. The characters are still with me this morning.
I find myself wanting to read more but unfortunately I’ve read it all.

3. What is your current work in progress?

 I’m working on a series with two other authors set in the real, small town of Mammoth
Spring, Arkansas, although they are greatly fictionalized events. Each of our stories
revolves around a different sister in a family that runs a hotel. In Wishes and Whims
I have the middle daughter, Cora. Rivalry and Romance, Wishes and Whims, and
Friends and Foes will be available in June.

4. What would be your dream vacation?

A few years ago we went to Gulf Shores during the off season. It was still
warm enough to enjoy the water but without the crowd we practically had
the beach to ourselves. I’d love to go back one day.


5. Tell us about The Doctor’s Daughter a brief blurb:

Set in Washoe county Nevada in 1883. On the trail of outlaws, Pinkerton agent
Jacob Hanley comes across a tenacious woman with a secret that puts her at odds with
a small frontier town. Determined to honor a deathbed promise, Laura Prescott vows to
hold her ground when she finds herself the unlikely guardian of two young children and a
teenage boy.

6. Is there one particular message or “moral of the story” you hope readers walk away with?

The main message is the importance of family and forgiveness. So
often it’s those closest to us that cause us heartache. When we harbor
resentment we are the ones that suffer, unable to let go and move on.
It’s so much easier to forgive and forget. With God’s help it is possible.

7. How did The Doctor’s Daughter get started?

I had a dream. I’ve written many stories but this is the first one that came
to me while I slept.

8. Tell us about your research process.

I love to research!  It’s amazing how easy it is to acces information online.
Sometimes I get so caught up in the research the book gets neglected.
History fascinates me.

9. What impact did your research have on you personally?

It gives me ideas for more stories and a greater appreciation for what
people in the 1870’s had to endure to survive.

10. If someone else were sitting at your desk right now, what would they see?

Books. I have a book review blog and always have a book nearby to read when
time allows.

11. Where can readers find you online?

http://jladams-books.com/
Twitter: @Roosgal
http://inallthywaysacknowledgehim.blogspot.com/
http://www.amazon.com/Jamie-Adams/e/B00CNRNSRK/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1




Bio:
Jamie Adams fell in love with books at an early age. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott opened her imagination and sparked a dream to be a writer. She wrote her first book as a school project in 6th grade. A fan of westerns her books take the reader back to a time when hero's wore Stetson hat's and gun belts while heroines had grit and grace.

A graduate of the Institute of Children's Literature as well as member of American Christian Fiction Writers, The Writing Desk and several critique groups she spends most of her time writing, reading or learning more about the craft near to her heart.
The parents of three very active children, she and her husband live in the Ozarks surrounded by forest and wild life.

No comments:

The Mysterious Amish Bachelor: An Uplifting Inspirational Romance (Indiana Amish Market, 4)

  The Mysterious Amish Bachelor: An Uplifting Inspirational Romance  (Indiana Amish Market, 4) April 23, 2024 by  Vannetta Chapman   (Author...