Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Huckleberry Summer

Huckleberry Summer 

The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill #3 

Mass Market Paperback, ebook, audio

June 3, 2014

by Jennifer Beckstrand

  • Series: The Matchmakers of Huckleberry Hill (Book 2)
  • Mass Market Paperback: 352 pages
  • Publisher: Zebra 
  • ISBN-13: 978-1420133585

With one of their grandchildren happily married, Anna and Felty Helmuth are ready for their next matchmaking success. Because there's nothing more rewarding than sparking unexpected love--and putting Huckleberry Hill, Wisconsin, on the map for romance. . .

Cautious to a fault, Lily Eicher strives to live up to her dat's high standards. She's certainly not the kind of proper Amish girl who would make time for someone as impetuous as the Helmuths' grandson, Aden--even if his lively spirit and caring ways are showing her just how wonderful following her heart can be. . .

Recklessly doing the right thing got Aden into big trouble. A fresh start at his grandparents' is just what he needs. And shy, pretty Lily is turning his world upside down and making him want to prove he can do good within the rules. But now both must find enough faith and understanding to risk pursuing their dreams--together. . .

My thoughts:  HUCKLEBERRY SUMMER is the third book in this series but it easily stands alone. I've read these books (series) out of order, but fell in love with Anna and Felty so I went back and looked for this authors previous books.  I loved Aden, and Tyler both, and knew that even if one good man won, another would lose. That bothered me. But I rooted for both of them even though I knew Aden was the hero and Tyler would be the hero in the next book (which I already read.)  Lily was wimpy. She loved her dad and I won't fault that, but she bothered me and is what kept this book from being five stars. I understand why she did what she did but I didn't like it.  Not the way she strung both men along, not the way she lied to her dad, and the way she acted  like a coward when confronted with anything uncomfortable.  Otherwise, I loved this book, including the dog. And Jamal. Great read. Love Ms. Beckstrand's humor. 4 stars.

No comments:

One Wrong Move (Jeopardy Falls)

  One Wrong Move  (Jeopardy Falls)  February 6, 2024 by  Dani Dani Pettrey   (Author) Taunting riddles. A deadly string of heists. Two broke...