Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Fugitive Spy

(Love Inspired Suspense) 

Mass Market Paperback, ebook

March 6, 2018

by Jordyn Redwood

  • Mass Market Paperback: 224 pages
  • Publisher: Love Inspired Suspense 
  • ISBN-13: 978-1335490278

 


A spy with amnesia—and a mission he can’t remember

When Casper English lands in her ER with amnesia, Dr. Ashley Drager learns he has a picture of her…and the same tattoo as her long-missing father. With a dangerous man after Casper, and his memories possibly holding the key to finding Ashley’s father, she secretly whisks him away from the hospital. But can she keep him alive long enough to help him regain his memories?

 My thoughts: At first when I read bio-terrorism I worried that FUGITIVE SPY would go right over my head. But while Ashley is a doctor, Casper is a spy and the story is written in simple enough terms that even non-Biology majors have a clue what is going on.

I liked Casper and hurt that he lost his memory. I did like that he had enough  presence of mind to know they were being shot at and to suggest measures of escape even though Ashley didn't take very many of his suggestions. He'd lost his memory, after all. What does he know?

Both Casper and Ashley are hurting characters with deep wounds and realistic struggles (if you can get past a doctor kidnapping a patient from the hospital) and I really loved this book. It is probably the best Love Inspired Suspense I read this year.  

And no, I didn't figure out who the bad guy was until the end. Or what happened to Ashley's dad. Great job with the suspense! 

Fans of romantic suspense won't want to miss FUGITIVE SPY. 

I was given a copy free. All opinions are my own. 

1 comment:

Marilyn R. said...

Wow, sounds like a great suspense. Love Inspired Suspense stories are great to read. Thank you for the nice review.

An Interview with Jonathan Gibson, Author of My First ABC Book of Bible Verses

  An Interview with Jonathan Gibson, Author of  My First ABC Book of Bible Verses   It’s never too early to start sharing the big truths of ...