Friday, June 15, 2018

Falling for You

















Falling for You by Becky Wade


Willow Bradford is content taking a break from modeling to run her family’s inn until she comes face-to-face with NFL quarterback Corbin Stewart, the man who broke her heart—and wants to win her back. When a decades-old family mystery brings them together, they’re forced to decide whether they can risk falling for one another all over again.



  • Series: A Bradford Sisters Romance
  • Paperback: 368 pages
  • Publisher: Bethany House Publishers 
  • (May 1, 2018)
  • ISBN-13: 978-0764219375

Famously beautiful model Willow Bradford is taking a temporary break from her hectic schedule to work as the innkeeper at her family's small-town bed-and-breakfast. She was enjoying the peace of her hometown, Merryweather, Washington, right up until she came face-to-face with Corbin Stewart, the man she loves to hate. A thoughtful rule-follower by nature, Willow threw caution to the wind four years ago when she entrusted her heart to Corbin--and suffered the consequences when it all fell apart.

Former NFL quarterback Corbin is forceful, charming, and accustomed to getting what he wants . . . except where Willow Bradford is concerned. Unable to forget her, he's never stopped regretting what happened between them. When their paths unexpectedly cross again, he's determined to make her give him a second chance.

When a decades-old missing persons case finds Corbin and Willow working together, they're forced to confront their past and who they've become--and whether they can risk falling for one another all over again.


My thoughts: FALLING FOR YOU is Becky Wade's newest book. Becky Wade is a hugely popular author and I've tried her books a couple times, but just can't get into them.  I was planning on passing on this one, but my sixteen year old daughter also heard great things about Becky Wade and wanted to try it.  I don't want to influence her taste, so I told her she had to review it. She agreed. 

Said daughter's review: "It's all telling. She doesn't show. I can't get into it."  Book tossed down on my desk. Might I add said daughter is an avid reader and she reads almost everything that crosses her path?

Um. And I'm supposed to come up with a seventy-five word review from that?  So I picked the book up. I really really really wanted to like it because Ms. Wade IS a hugely popular author and well, super models and football players, cute little tween girls and a family mystery -- what isn't to like?  

Said daughter was right. It was all telling. I couldn't into it either and I did try.  Really I did.  Ms. Wade writes well, but the characters were distant, and even though they were flawed, I couldn't find myself liking them.  The tween girl seemed the best developed of the book.  

Don't listen to my thoughts though. Read the over 100 five star reviews and think about how wonderful Ms. Wade is. I am probably one of the few people who just don't get it. 

If you like football heroes, super models and long hidden family secrets -- not to mention drama -- you will likely love Becky Wade's FALLING FOR YOU.  





No comments:

One Wrong Move (Jeopardy Falls)

  One Wrong Move  (Jeopardy Falls)  February 6, 2024 by  Dani Dani Pettrey   (Author) Taunting riddles. A deadly string of heists. Two broke...