Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Interview with Carol Underhill About Angelica's Christmas Wish



Today we have Carol Underhill stop by. Tell us about the book – a brief blurb

Serena has just moved to Chicago for a new job. She is waiting downtown at a traffic light when a little girl runs out in front of a speeding car. Serena sprints in front of her and pushes her out of the way. The car hits Serena, instead. She wakes up in the hospital with amnesia. The child’s father is grateful for her heroic act. He watches over her while she is waiting for someone to identify her. When no one does, he takes her home to spend Christmas with him and his daughter.

Do you read your reviews? Do you respond to them, good or bad? Do you have any advice on how to deal with the bad?

I do read my reviews. I consider any criticisms that will improve my writing. As for the rest of it, I try to let go.

If you had to choose, which writer would you consider a mentor?

Lauraine Snelling. Her historical novels are so authentic and rich in detail.

What book are you reading now?

I’m reading a lot of Love Inspired and Harlequin Heartwarming. When I find a series I like, I download all of them.

What books have most influenced your life most?

The Little House on the Prairie books from Laura Ingalls Wilder. I read them when I was a teen, and couldn’t appreciate all of the history. They were just good stories. As a writer, it gives me a picture of pioneer life that influences my historical novels.

Also, the Bible is a daily part of my life. It has guided and comforted me ever since I received my first one at age seven or eight. It was a Christmas gift from my aunt and uncle.

Who is your favorite author and what is it that really strikes you about their work?

It’s hard to pick just one author because I like so many of them. Jessie Gussman’s Baxter Boys series is one of my favorites. Her heroes are mechanics and truck drivers, not the more popular cowboys and soldiers. They are a fun read.

Are there any new authors that have grasped your interest?

I downloaded Sara Beth Williams’ books from Anaiah Press. They’re very good, and I look forward to reading more from her in the future.

If you didn't like writing books, what would you do for a living?

I would pursue another dream of mine, which is becoming a bilingual paralegal.

Can you share a little of your current work with us?


What book do you wish you could have written?

Love Comes Softly by Janette Oke. For me, it was the book that really opened up the world of Christian romance. So many great books have been written since, but that one stands out.

Share your bio, links for social media and to buy:

I’m one of five siblings raised on a farm. I have a large extended family. We attended a little country church where I learned Bible verses and songs that have stuck with me for life. I have three adult children who inspire me to chase my dreams. Our household includes a spoiled black Lab and several rescued cats.

Twitter.com/carolunderhill7
Facebook.com/authorcarolunderhill
Angelica’s Christmas Wish will be available on www.anaiahpress.com or Amazon:





1 comment:

Marilyn R. said...

Nice interview with Carol Underhill. Little House on the Prairie and The Love Comes Softly series are two of my favorite from years ago. Angelica's Christmas Wish will be a nice Christmas read.

Just for the Summer: (A Fun Swapped Roles Contemporary Clean Romance Novel)

  Just for the Summer:  (A Fun Swapped Roles Contemporary Clean Romance Novel)  March 19, 2024 by  Melody Carlson   (Author) Ginny Masters m...