Monday, December 23, 2019

Interview with Melinda Dozier about her new book The Christmas Ranch


Today we welcome Melinda Dozier to my blog.


Share your blurb.

Megan Palmer, a TV journalist for True Faith Network, is assigned to report on Flying B Ranch, which is known for its Christmas lights and tree farm. She assumes it will be an easy assignment—until she meets owner Brody Blackstone, a single father and cowboy. Now she must decide what’s truly important -- her career or her heart.

With his ranch in jeopardy and family responsibilities, Brody has given up on relationships. But when Megan shows up, his life is turned upside down. Can he move forward and learn to listen to God? Or will his usual stubborn ways cause him to lose everything? 

 What is your favorite Christmas song?

 I love “Silent Night.” When I think about the quiet, “heavenly peace” surrounding baby Jesus, it gives me the chills. Every time we sing this song, or I hear it, I get teary eyes. It’s just so meaningful. The second verse is my favorite, “
“Silent night, holy night; Son of God, oh, love’s pure light; Radiant beams from Thy holy face; With the dawn of redeeming grace.”


What are you reading right now?

 I’m currently reading Because of You by Becky Wade which is a Bradford Sisters novella set around Christmastime. I absolutely love Becky Wade’s writing and all her series.

What would be your dream vacation?

My hubby and I will be celebrating our 25 year anniversary next year and our dream vacation is to visit Spain. We are trying really hard to make this happen!

 How do you choose your settings for each book?

I knew after moving to Texas four years ago that I had to create a book series in Texas. Texas is almost like its own country with a whole lot of culture, traditions and pride. I’m in love with the Hill Country area of Texas where The Christmas Ranch is set.

Will we know what happens to your character after the end of the book?

You will see my main characters, Brody and Megan, in the next book in the series, The Cowboy Rescue. There might be a wedding that the main characters attend. *wink wink*

Where do you like to write? Can you share a picture?

My weekend mornings are spent writing and I have a little writing alcove in my bedroom. It’s nothing special, except a comfy area just for me.

How do you handle distractions?

The only way I can handle distractions is not to have them. When I write, I keep my music playing and my eyes focused on the computer screen. I can’t have any social media apps open and my cell phone cannot be next to me. Otherwise, I will get sucked in.

What’s on the horizon for you?  What will you be writing next? 

As mentioned before, The Christmas Ranch is part of a series. The next book which will be available next year is The Cowboy Rescue which is about Colton Blackstone, a vet who comes to vet tech, Lauren Davis’s rescue. After that, you will see the third in the series called The Rodeo Rebel which is about Brody and Colton’s little sister, Sadie.

Share a holiday tradition or recipe

After living in Guatemala for 20 years, we’ve acquired the Latin tradition of spending Christmas Eve together as a family after church. We eat traditional tamales and stay up very late. When children are little, they open the presents at midnight.

Share your bio and links.

Melinda is Louisiana born, New Mexico raised, Guatemala adopted, and recently a newcomer to Houston, Texas. Though Melinda has only lived in Texas for four years, she feels she’s a Texan at heart. Melinda has been known to watch too much reality T.V., crochet for hours, or sit by the pool in the hot Texas sun.

Find Melinda at:





1 comment:

Marilyn R. said...

Nice to meet Melinda Dozier today. Thank you for sharing personally. Merry Christmas.

An Interview with Jonathan Gibson, Author of My First ABC Book of Bible Verses

  An Interview with Jonathan Gibson, Author of  My First ABC Book of Bible Verses   It’s never too early to start sharing the big truths of ...