Saturday, March 13, 2010
Title: BE AUTHENTIC
Author: Warren W. Wiersbe
Publisher: David C. Cook
BE AUTHENTIC is a reprint of Dr. Wiersbe’s commentary series, and this one is based on Genesis 25 – 50. Dr. Wiersbe says that the Bible, Genesis especially is full of authentic people, such as Issac, Joseph, Jacob, et al.
This commentary takes us deep into the scriptures, helping us to understand more about what was going on in the stories, and how they pertain to life today. Plenty of scripture references are included so you can do further story.
In addition there is a section entitled Questions for Personal Reflection or Group Discussion which includes approximately about ten questions covering what you have read and studied, and your personal thoughts. There are some blank areas for you to answer, but not a lot of room, so if you have a lot to say or don’t write small you might want to use your own notebook.
I have long been a fan of Dr. Wiersbe’s commentaries, and remember seeing his books on my parent’s bookshelves. Dr. Wiersbe, while a highly educated man, writes a level that the average lay person can understand. I recommend this series for pastors, Bible teachers, and lay people who want to deepen their understandings of the scriptures. $12.99. 216 pages.
A New Look at the legendary insights of Dr. Warren Wiersbe
David C Cook releases revised editions of Dr. Wiersbe’s trusted Bible commentaries—the “BE” Series
As pastors seek to make the Word of God more understandable in an age that is unfamiliar with the Bible and as growing disciples seek to discover the truth of Scripture in a skeptical culture, there is a great need for guidance in both the preaching and study of God’s Word. Whether you’re a pastor, a seminary student or a truth-seeking disciple, an understanding of the Bible can be made clear to you with the help of one of the most influential, in-depth and practical Bible scholars in modern history.
A man who has given his life to a deep examination of the Word of God, Dr. Warren W. Wiersbe is an internationally known Bible teacher, former pastor of The Moody Church in Chicago and the author of more than 150 books. For over thirty years, millions have come to rely on the timeless wisdom of Dr. Warren W. Wiersbe’s “Be” Commentary series. Dr. Wiersbe’s commentary and insights on Scripture have helped readers understand and apply God’s Word with the goal of life transformation. Dubbed by many as the “pastor’s pastor,” Dr. Wiersbe skillfully weaves Scripture with historical explanations and thought-provoking questions, communicating the Word in such a way that the masses grasp its relevance for today.
Easily accessible for both pastors and lay people alike, Wiersbe’s profound study guides can be used in personal Bible study or with a group. David C Cook’s third installment of eight revised “BE” series volumes each feature updated content for today’s readers, a new introduction by Ken Baugh and new study questions for each chapter. The 2009 expanded Bible commentaries will include the following studies:
· Be Diligent (A Study of Matthew) encourages us to follow Christ’s example and actively serve others and God. (ISBN: 978-1-4347-6631-1/176 pages/softcover/$12.99/January 2010)
· Be Wise (A Study of 1 Corinthians) explores 1 Corinthians, Paul’s practical guide to seeking Godly wisdom. (ISBN: 978-1-4347-6636-6/192 pages/softcover/$12.99/March 2010)
· Be Authentic (A Study of Isaac, Jacob, and Joseph) shares how we can pursue authentic relationships with others and God. (ISBN: 978-1-4347-6630-4/192 pages/softcover/$12.99/January 2010)
· Be Basic (A Study of Genesis) gives fundamental truths from the book of Genesis on relationships, faith, sin and spiritual fulfillment. (ISBN: 978-1-4347-6635-9/176 pages/softcover/$12.99/January 2010)
· Be Obedient (A Study of Abraham) explores the remarkable life of Abraham and shows how we too can be obedient through faith. (ISBN: 978-1-4347-6632-8/160 pages/softcover/$12.99/January 2010)
· Be Strong (A Study of Joshua) shares the need for strong believers of purpose, while encouraging us to lead victorious lives. (ISBN: 978-1-4347-6637-3/176 pages/softcover/$12.99/March 2010)
· Be Decisive (A Study of Jeremiah) powerful insights for making the decisive, powerful choice to live by God’s absolute truth and values. (ISBN: 978-1-4347-6634-2/204 pages/softcover/$12.99/March 2010)
· Be Encouraged (A Study of 2 Corinthians) is a lively commentary that will help you be encouraged no matter what challenges come your way. (ISBN: 978-1-4347-6633-5/176 pages/softcover/$12.99/March 2010)
Acclaimed worldwide as a pastoral resource for international leaders, the “BE” series will soon include companion study guides—the Wiersbe Bible Study Series—with each study guide correlating with the appropriate “BE” book. David C Cook plans to release additional editions of the series over the next few years.
The “BE” Series by Dr. Warren W. Wiersbe
David C Cook/January and March 2010