Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Relentless by Christy Barritt

Relentless: A Raven Remington Novel 

Kindle Edition

by Christy Barritt (Author)

  • Print Length: 144 pages
  • Publication Date: November 27, 2017
  • ASIN: B078C5DDLJ

You've read about her in the Worst Detective Ever mystery series. Now Raven Remington comes to life in this novella that's written as if it's a TV show.

An ex-CIA operative. A top-secret mission. Danger that lurks at every turn.

Raven Remington is facing her most challenging mission: protecting the man who may have killed her sister. The former spy is still trying to integrate into life as a civilian and figure out whom to trust. With each passing day, the task becomes more difficult.

Can Raven figure out who is trying to assassinate the man—the senator—she’s been tasked to protect . . . or will surprises hidden just below the surface destroy life as she knows it?

*Relentless is based on the fictional TV show starring Hollywood starlet Joey Darling from The Worst Detective Ever mystery series.

My thoughts: I love Ms. Barritt's The Worst Detective Ever Mystery series and since Joey Darling is a movie star Ms. Barritt apparently decided to write a spin-off novella about her as her Hollywood sidekick Raven Remington. 

RELENTLESS is only 144 pages long,  easily read in a short time. Unfortunately, it reads like a very rough draft and the characters are not fully developed, there's no continuation, no climax, and no happy ever after. Just an unfinished ending. 

I understand this is supposed to be a sort of screen play, with commercial breaks, but even though I don't watch TV I know the stories on there kind of have to make sense.  This didn't. It was disjointed, choppy, and I'm left confused as to what exactly happened.  

The parts I did understand didn't exactly endear me to Raven as a character either.  

I'm going to say that I will continue to read Ms. Barritt's books, but I may be a little picker as to what series they are in.  

I was given a copy of this novella free. All opinions are my own. 


1 comment:

Marilyn R. said...

Definitely disappointing to know it read like a rough draft.

Where Am I? God, Help Me! #Devotional by Becky Van Vleet

  “Ah, Lord  God ! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for...