Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Fit to be Tied by Debbie Mayne

Fit to Be Tied 

(Bucklin Family Reunion #2) 

Paperback, ebook  – 

August 28, 2018

by Debby Mayne


  • Paperback: 304 pages
  • Publisher: Gilead Publishing 
  • ISBN-13: 978-1683701408


The Bucklin family loves each other too much to stay away. . . but not enough to behave

Being rich is fine, but when wealth comes from striking oil, it's a slippery mess for a family who doesn't know what to do with it. The Bucklin cousins are all together again, and this family reunion is shaping up to be another disaster.

Coralee falls for the police officer who pulls her over. Sally has finally found a guy, but now she's not sure a relationship is even worth the bother. No matter how hard Brett tries to avoid trouble, he somehow stumbles right back into the thick of it. And Marybeth and Bucky continue to fumble and bumble as they learn how to handle being rich.

The Bucklin family is known for drama--and Bucklin family drama knows no bounds.

My thoughts:  First of all, let me start by saying I *love* the cover of this book. I just want to grab a fork and take a bite. Sadly, the recipe is not included in this book. 


FIT TO BE TIED is women's southern fiction written in first person and there are five different point of views in there. The Bucklin family is getting ready to have another reunion, and this time around, Bucky is stinky rich and wants to flaunt his wealth.  His wife, Marybeth, isn't so sure.. but since this is a l-o-n-g family reunion, lasting longer than a day (closer to a week) and since they are hosting it, it will be flaunted.


As for the rest of family, there is the usual family reunion drama. Do I want to attend?  How can I puff myself up so I look better than I am if I do?  You know the routine if you go to family reunions -- or even high school reunions. 


I honestly am not sure how I feel about it. Ms. Mayne is a very talented author. I am not a huge fan of women's fiction, but I requested the book because Ms. Mayne is good.  And she is a master at drama. 


But it is women's fiction. It is written in five different POVs and as a result I really don't have a chance to bond with any character. I just get into their story when POV changes and I start over, then it takes a  moment when we get back around through the different characters to remember what is going on.         


If you like women's fiction, Debby Mayne, and family sagas you will love FIT TO BE TIED.  It is appropriately titled too.


I was given a copy free. All opinions are my own. 




No comments:

Where Am I? God, Help Me! #Devotional by Becky Van Vleet

  “Ah, Lord  God ! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for...