Friday, September 28, 2018

Plain Fame

Plain Fame 

(The Plain Fame #1) 

Paperback, audio, ebook, audio CD

September 29, 2015

by Sarah Price

  • Paperback: 239 pages
  • Publisher: Waterfall Press 
  • ISBN-13: 978-1503945371



While traveling through Manhattan on the way back to her Amish community, young Amanda Beiler is struck by a limousine. The limo’s passenger, Cuban-born superstar Alejandro Diaz, takes responsibility for her injuries and vows to oversee her recovery. Leaving the fame circuit behind, Alejandro returns Amanda to her family in Lititz, Pennsylvania.
Desperate for a break from the stress of the spotlight, the famous singer offers to stay on the family farm for a week to help—an offer guardedly accepted by the deeply religious kin who surround and protect Amanda. As different as they are, she and Alejandro find that a genuine friendship begins to blossom, along with the realization that it might be something more. But if the paparazzi get wind of the superstar’s whereabouts, will they threaten the peace of the faithful community for a sensational story? And in the glare of an unwelcome spotlight, and with the unexpected feelings between them, can this couple build a lasting bridge between their vastly different worlds?
My thoughts:  It is rare for a book to leave me speechless. PLAIN FAME is about the unlikeliest story to ever get written, let along published. I have to give the author kudos for an active imagination, but wow.

Okay, for the more conservative bunch, there is drinking. Use of God's name in vain in Spanish. I am not fluent enough in that language to positively say that is all. I don't know. Alejandro is a playboy, tattooed and dangerous, and not a stranger to one night stands. A few of the scenes were more graphic than I'm comfortable with. Not to mention, he is Catholic and she Amish.....


That aside, I am still confused how exactly she ended up in New York City.  She was headed with her sister from Lancaster County Pennsylvania to Holmes County Ohio. Opposite directions from New York City. Her sister stayed on the train (Penn Station in NY which I understand is a subway station -- I may be wrong) She was crossing the street to buy sunglasses and gets hit by a rented limo (which Viper wasn't even driving but it's his fault she was jaywalking....)   Anyway. Someone needs to study geography. Either the author, the characters, or the people who made a rule that trains must travel hundreds of miles in the opposite direction then backtrack. I'm not saying the author is wrong on this. I don't know.


If you like Amish themed stories and don't care about the realism factor, this book is for you. I understand Ms. Price is quite a popular author so don't take my word for it.  I will not be reviewing the other books in this series though -- PLAIN FAME, Plain Change, Plain Again, Plain Return, Plain Choice and Plain Christmas. 


I was given a copy of this book by a friend who liked it as well as I did. All opinions are my own and I was not obligated to write a review.  And don't take my word for it. You might love it. 



1 comment:

Marilyn R. said...

I didn't even finish this book as it seemed so far fretched for an Amish romance story.

Just for the Summer: (A Fun Swapped Roles Contemporary Clean Romance Novel)

  Just for the Summer:  (A Fun Swapped Roles Contemporary Clean Romance Novel)  March 19, 2024 by  Melody Carlson   (Author) Ginny Masters m...