Thursday, March 28, 2019

Newness by Joanna White



Springtime is about starting things anew. Fresh flowers and plants freshly sprout after a cold winter. People often clean their houses and look forward to trying new things as the new year finally starts to settle in.

Since I have the honor of doing a guest post here on Laura Hilton’s blog, I thought I would talk about newness, because that in itself is what spring is all about. When I first wrote Hunter, writing was still a hobby. I was in high school and my mind was focused on so many other things; hanging out with friends, choir, doing my school work. Even what few times I thought about a potential career, writing was the last thing on my mind. Instead, I wanted to be an archaeologist.

Eventually, after I went to college online, I realized that writing was my passion and that I wanted to turn it into a career. Hunter and the rest of the Valiant Series was already fully written by the time I decided to step out and try something new.

I self-published it.

No, I didn’t earn very much money mostly because I didn’t know how to market myself or my books. Eventually, Hunter and the second book in the Valiant Series, Shifter, were both accepted by a traditional publisher called Ambassador International. That was a dream come true, but it wouldn’t have happened if I hadn’t tried something new and took a chance by self-publishing first.

So this spring, don’t just sit back and wait for your dreams to come to you. Get out there and try something new. You never know what good can come from taking a bit of a chance.

Synopsis:


A reckless young woman named Averella does what no woman has ever done.
She disguises herself as a man and purposefully gets herself arrested and thrown into Zagerah. Her brother Gabriel was taken, and with his disease, he will not survive on his own. She has no idea what to expect inside the prison; all she knows is that once men get taken, they never come back.
The Hunters will find her.
Genetically altered to be faster and stronger than humans, the Hunters use their powers to find and kill every prisoner who enters Zagerah. The only ones who can defeat them, are in fact, themselves.
Jared is a Hunter. It’s all he’s known, all he remembers. He kills ruthlessly and without regret, one prisoner after another. When a new prisoner Dalex shows up, everything begins to change. Jared goes undercover to make Dalex and the other prisoners believe he is one of them, a prisoner himself.
No one knows the truth.
He will trick them.
Toy with them.
Then, he will kill them.

Link to pre-order:


My bio:

Joanna White earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Creative Writing for Entertainment at Full Sail University. The Valiant series is her first published work, which first started off being updated on a website called Wattpad. She lives in the country of Missouri with her husband, where she continues to work on her other upcoming books. Writing has been a passion since she was ten, when she wrote her first book. Ever since then, writing has become her life outside of her family, God, and being a nerd.



1 comment:

Marilyn R. said...

New beginnings are a challenge but following the heart and God's will can bring many blessings and more new beginnings. Thank you for taking that leap and sharing your blessing, Joanna.

Just for the Summer: (A Fun Swapped Roles Contemporary Clean Romance Novel)

  Just for the Summer:  (A Fun Swapped Roles Contemporary Clean Romance Novel)  March 19, 2024 by  Melody Carlson   (Author) Ginny Masters m...