Tuesday, March 26, 2019

The Warrior Maiden



The Warrior Maiden

(Hagenheim #9)






Mulan isn’t afraid to pretend to be a son and assume her father’s soldier duties in war. But what happens when the handsome son of a duke discovers her secret?
Mulan isn’t afraid to pretend to be a son and assume her father’s soldier duties in war. But what happens when the handsome son of a duke discovers her secret?

My thoughts (Reviewed by Jenna):  THE WARRIOR MAIDEN is a very engaging book, but I can't help noticing the similarities to the Disney movie Mulan. The heroine. Mulan, decides to cut her hair, dress like a man and join the battle in place of her dead father. 
Once there, she is immediately thrust into battle, and forced to "prove her worth" by joining an archery contest, where she meets prince charming, who is unaware of her true identity, (?) and hates her for besting him. inevitably, she gets hurt, and has to tell him her secret. I will say, he handles it pretty well, considering. He keeps her secret well until the enemy overhears their conversation. This is where the action picks up, and they start taking turns saving each others butts. overall, this is a very engaging book, and I devoured it in a day and a half. I am a big, big fan of Melanie Dickerson, and I highly recommend this book. five stars.

I was given a copy free. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Where Am I? God, Help Me! #Devotional by Becky Van Vleet

  “Ah, Lord  God ! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for...