Monday, January 25, 2010

I'm So Sure


Title: I’M SO SURE
Author: Jenny B. Jones
Publisher: Thomas Nelson
November 2009
ISBN: 978-1-58554-542-8
Genre: Inspirational/youth

When Bella Kirkwood’s step-dad signs the family up for a reality TV show, Bella’s first thought is: Kill. Me. Now. Her life in Truman, Oklahoma, is getting down to a semi-normal existence, Bella is making friends, and while she still misses Manhattan and her dad’s credit card, she is adjusting. But then a camera crew starts following Bella around.

As if having a ‘tail’ isn’t bad enough, Bella’s editor is insisting she get a job so she can write an article about the trials of a working teenager. But having a job isn’t all Bella thought it might be. She manages to land the most dirty jobs in the township.

And when Bella’s friend, Lindy, becomes the Junior class president, Bella suddenly discovers that someone has a conspiracy against the Truman High prom queen candidates. Bella’s editor, Luke, insists on helping with the story, but it seems the closer they get to the answers, the more danger Bella’s in.

I’M SO SURE is book two in the A Charmed Life series. I was able to read book one first, and I’m glad I did as I was able to get the full story behind how Bella arrived in Truman and all the events that transpired as she relocated and struggled to adjust, but I think book two could have stood alone as Ms. Jones did an excellent job putting in just enough backstory so you know what happened earlier.

Bella is a realistic teenager, funny and sarcastic, and one that I would have loved to have been friends with if I were a teen. I laughed out loud at portions of this book, and other parts were kind of heartbreaking. I thoroughly enjoy this series so far (and so is my teen daughter) and am looking forward to the third book in the series, So Over My Head coming in May 2010. Discussion questions are included at the end of the book. $12.99. 299 pages.

No comments:

Welcome to the Earning the Mountain Man's Trust Celebration Tour! #giveaway #historical

  About the Book Book:  Earning the Mountain Man’s Trust Author:  Misty M. Beller Genre:  Christian Historical Romance Release Date:  April ...