Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A Heart Most Worthy


Title: A HEART MOST WORTHY
Author: Siri Mitchell
Publisher: Bethany House
March 2011
ISBN: 978-0-7642-0795-2
Genre: Inspiration/Women’s fiction/historical

I’ve read and enjoyed most of Siri Mitchell’s books, so when this one came available for review I jumped at the chance to review it. This book is set up very differently from her other books, and to be honest I didn’t even have a clue how to begin to review it! The story is about three different seamstresses who work in the same dress shop, but they are all very different. Juliette is rather reckless, Annamarie is very shy and keeps falling for the wrong men, and Luciana has a secret past which could prove to be dangerous.

The story is told by a narrator, which I found rather difficult to read, resulting in the fact that I couldn’t get drawn into the story at all. However, the romance parts of the book are well done, not overly done fairy tale type romances, but more realistic. Not all of the romances end with a happily ever after.

The story takes place in an immigrant section of Boston, and Ms. Mitchell has included a lot of descriptions about the type of housing, the quality of life. It is obvious Ms. Mitchell did her research, and the facts she includes are fascinating.

This was probably the least favorite of all the books by Siri Mitchell that I’ve read. Like I said, I think that it was told by a narrator kind of ruined it for me since I was unable to get into the story the way I would have liked. I was kept very distant the whole time. However, if you enjoy Ms. Mitchell’s books, please do give A HEART MOST WORTHY a try. You might like it better than I did. I did really enjoy the note from the author included at the end, and there are also discussion questions. $14.99. 380 pages.

No comments:

Just for the Summer: (A Fun Swapped Roles Contemporary Clean Romance Novel)

  Just for the Summer:  (A Fun Swapped Roles Contemporary Clean Romance Novel)  March 19, 2024 by  Melody Carlson   (Author) Ginny Masters m...