Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Dangerous Illusions

  • Series: Code of Honor #1
  • ebook, audio, hardcover, paperback
  • Paperback: 384 pages
  • Publisher: Revell 
  • October 3, 2017
  • ISBN-13: 978-0800727673

Trish Bailey is on overload trying to deal with a demanding job, an ailing mother, and a healing heart. When a series of unsettling memory lapses leads to a tragic death--and puts Trish under police scrutiny--her world is once again thrown into turmoil.

Detective Colin Flynn isn't certain what to think of the facts he uncovers during his investigation. Did Trish simply make a terrible mistake or is there more to the case than meets the eye? As he searches for answers, disturbing information begins to emerge--and if the forces at work are as evil as he suspects, the situation isn't just dangerous . . . it's deadly.

Bestselling and award-winning author Irene Hannon captures readers with a mind-bending story that will have them doubling back to retrace their steps--and figure out what they missed!

My thoughts: DANGEROUS ILLUSIONS is a page-turner by Ms. Hannon. I started this book Sunday afternoon and by bedtime I was almost done!  I was right  in the middle of the ending, so I had to stay up another hour to finish so I could reach the HEA. 

I felt for Trish, as the caregiver for my mom after her stroke, I can't imagine the guilt I'd feel if  I was accused of deliberately overdosing her. I was glad when other suspicious things happen and the detectives on the case take it seriously and start looking different directions. 

When two cases merge into one, and then more surprises happen, and a third case appears, it is a race against time and Trish's life is in danger. 

Filled with intrigue, suspense, romance, and questions with no easy answers, this is a book to keep reading from start to finish.  Ms. Hannon is one of my favorite romantic suspense authors and this book is a perfect example of why. 

Even though we KNOW who the bad guy is, plenty of questions are left to be answered. And Ms. Hannon has unexpected twists thrown in. 

I was given a copy free. All opinions are my own. 

1 comment:

Marilyn R. said...

Dangerous Illusions sounds like another great book by Irene Hannon.

Abundant Grace: 40 Days of Walking in the Goodness of God: A #Devotional #preorder

  Abundant Grace: 40 Days of Walking in the Goodness of God: A Devotional  April 2, 2024 by  Will Kassner   (Author),  Courtney Kassner   (A...