Thursday, November 22, 2012

The Amish Family Cookbook


Title: THE AMISH FAMILY COOKBOOK
Author: Jerry Eicher and Tina Eicher
Publisher: Harvest House Books
October 2017
ISBN: 978-0-7369-4377-2
Genre: Amish/Cookbook

I love cookbooks, so when I got the opportunity to review THE AMISH  FAMILY COOKBOOK, I jumped at it. This book is divided up into appetizers and beverages, breakfast foods, main dishes, grilling, vegetables and side dishes, and a whole lot of different sweets.

I tried three different recipes, baked oatmeal (which I didn’t take a picture of). It was great and highly recommended, chicken potpie with some modifications. I added a lot of leftover mixed vegetables to mine, which it didn’t call for, and didn’t use heavy cream, but instead I made a white sauce for it.

This is the chicken pot pie - both in the pie dish, and served. 

I also tried the blueberry muffins. They turned out great and made a quick lunch for a rushed day.   Here are the muffins. 

My son made the peppermint patties, and they are absolutely wonderful.

There are little side bars in the book that include jokes about the Amish and Amish proverbs which makes for interesting reading. If you love Amish cooking, are looking for a new cookbook or a cookbook for someone for Christmas or a gift of some sort, then THE AMISH FAMILY COOKBOOK would be great to consider! Highly recommend. It’s also spiral bound, which makes it easy to lay flat for baking/cooking ease. 260 pages. $14.99.




No comments:

Abundant Grace: 40 Days of Walking in the Goodness of God: A #Devotional #preorder

  Abundant Grace: 40 Days of Walking in the Goodness of God: A Devotional  April 2, 2024 by  Will Kassner   (Author),  Courtney Kassner   (A...