Thursday, June 25, 2015

Calling all History Makers




”Men make history and not the other way around. In periods where there is no leadership, society stands still. Progress occurs when courageous, skillful leaders seize the opportunity to change things for the better.

                                                                              - Harry S. Truman
                                                        33rd President of the United States


Calling All History Makers
The Global Leadership Summit Catalyzes, Inspires & Equips Leaders for Global Impact

Chicago – Where would we be without leaders? If President Truman is right, society would grind to a halt, stagnate and eventually die. History itself would cease to be written. For 20 years, The Global Leadership Summit (TGLS) has been actively ensuring that this unfortunate demise never occurs through its efforts to catalyze, inspire and develop Christian leaders around the world. In fact, the Summit, and every other endeavor of the Willow Creek Association (WCA), centers around a singular idea - that inspired, encouraged, and equipped Christian leaders create thriving local churches that redeem their communities for Christ.

Watch 2014 Highlights Now
According to an independent study commissioned by WCA and conducted by Excellence in Giving based in Colorado Springs, the annual conference is making a significant impact in inspiring leaders to actionable change within their spheres of influence. The study specifically revealed that TGLS is playing a vital role in ensuring a steady supply of passionate & qualified leadership, giving valid cause for hope that society can genuinely be changed for Christ.
With a solid 3% margin of error and 99% confidence level, responses from repeat participants in TGLS indicate that the event has a positive effect in several areas critical to an ongoing presence of courageous, dedicated and skillful leaders. A sampling of attendee feedback is included.

1)      The Global Leadership Summit Sustains & Inspires Leaders
  • 96% said that they gained courage to lead amidst opposition while at the Summit. 10% said “they would have quit their leadership position without inspiration from TGLS speakers to persevere”
“I left vocational ministry in 2006. I was burnt out, and I quit.  I went to the Summit as a business person and became so convicted by all the speakers (Louie and Bill in particular) that I am now exploring my calling into ministry in fresh and exciting ways.  It may be vocational or may be as a business person. Either way, my life and the lives of others I will be with is now changed.”
  • 77% said that they experienced God in a special way while attending the Summit. 32% reported a “revitalized relationship with God” as a result of TGLS.
“All of the speakers had an impact on me in varying degrees.  I think the two that had the most, were Louie Giglio and Tyler Perry.  They brought an element that tied my faith into my daily walk and leadership responsibilities.  They inspired me to want to continue in an intimate relationship with the Lord, to work harder to share that intimacy with the Lord in my relationship with others, whether it is personal or professional. To grow in Christ and let Him work through me in all areas of my life.”

2)      The Global Leadership Summit Catalyzes New Leaders
  • Amazingly, 19% of U.S. attendees believe they do not lead anyone. Yet, the percentage drops significantly with attendees that return year after year suggesting that an ongoing involvement with TGLS enables people to discover the leader within.
  • 28% of attendees were inspired to start new leadership roles. 87% of those reported feeling a “greater sense of significance and satisfaction” in the new work or volunteer position
“After 2013 Summit, I felt God challenge me to take on a leadership role with the young adult ministry at my church. That year, we had maybe 5 regular young people attend our church. But as this summer went by, I found more college kids to become part of my leadership team and we've grown to about 20 people. Attending this year’s Summit has energized our group, and we are making bold plans to make a greater impact in our church, community and ministry. I've seen God take ahold of my life and others around me to become the light to our local college campuses. I can't wait to see what He has in store for us. I wouldn't have had this team come together without the Summit, so I'm very grateful for WCA.”

3)      The Global Leadership Summit Develops & Equips Leaders
  • 65% of repeat participants had taught, on average, 68 other people over the past two years about leadership
  • 81% of attendees cited concrete ways their supervisor had become a better leader as a result of TGLS
“After attending the previous 3 years, I felt compelled to bring my team this year.  I understand that by providing leadership training to everyone, everyone has an opportunity to find the leader inside them.  I will now focus my efforts to mentor the team members who discovered or renewed a calling or specific focus for them.”

In 2014, more than 227,000 leaders in 798 cities and 112 countries were equipped at the Summit, and they are making history!

August 6-7, 2015

Call 800-570-9812 for details and registration assistance.

No comments:

Abundant Grace: 40 Days of Walking in the Goodness of God: A #Devotional #preorder

  Abundant Grace: 40 Days of Walking in the Goodness of God: A Devotional  April 2, 2024 by  Will Kassner   (Author),  Courtney Kassner   (A...