Thursday, May 4, 2017

Interview with Sherry Kyle

Welcome to my blog, Sherry!  Glad to have you visit with us. Tell us about your new book:

Torn between love and loyalty, will they choose the road to harmony?

Road to Harmony is a historical romance set in a small dairy farming community in Harmony Valley, California in 1907.

A cattle thief is loose in the valley, and Elena Seifert wants to help her father guard his dairy farm, but everyone thinks that’s a man’s job. When her childhood sweetheart returns to Harmony, her heart is torn between Jonas Bollinger, her secret love, and Lars Rissler, the wealthy middle-aged storeowner her parents hope she marries.

Jonas Bollinger never imagined he’d be back in Harmony Valley, but his pa isn’t well. When Jonas makes a promise he wishes he didn’t have to keep, he is torn between loyalty to his family and the woman he has loved since he was a boy.

Will Elena and Jonas find the inner peace to choose love and still do what is best for their families?

Why do you write the kind of books you do?

I enjoy writing stories that connect people together, whether it be families, long-lost loves, or childhood sweethearts. There’s something about that re-connection that speaks to me.

What is your current work in progress?

Besides novels for women, I also write for books for children, specificially the tween market. Last month I completed a tween devotional, and right now I’m doing a lot of reading to get inspiration for my next novel.

What three things about you would surprise readers?

·         I was born with bright red hair, but it changed to blonde by the time I was six months old.
·         I almost drowned in the Colorado river when I was seven, but my dad saved me. Thank you, Dad!
·         I worked at many jobs over the years, such as a preschool teacher, an oral surgeon’s assistant, as well as a treatment coordinator for an orthodontist, before I became a mom and writer.

What are your hobbies, besides writing and reading?

I enjoy decorating our beach home. I love watching HGTV and really get inspired to let my creativity flow. For example, we have a wall between our dining and family room that is ten feet long and twelve feet high. Even after my husband painted it three times, I still wasn’t happy with it. I researched the Internet, and discovered a product called DIY Driftwood to make new wood appear to have a weathered finish. That was it. I wanted a wood wall! We purchased tongue and groove pine boards and had them cut into 2’, 3’, and 4’ sections, and I stained each piece—twice! I also put on a coat of polyurethane to seal it. My husband and younger son helped me put it up one afternoon. And I love it! It’s just the thing we needed to add warmth and coziness to the room. Besides decorating, I enjoy taking a walk every afternoon so my Fitbit (and body) is happy!

What is your most difficult writing obstacle, and how do you overcome it?

My most difficult writing obstacle right now is finding my own space to write! At our former home, I had a writing shed, a little room all to my own, that I could sneak off to and focus on my writing. Our new home provided the bedrooms for my kids, but has an open floor plan, which makes it hard for me to concentrate. So when I’m on deadline, I end up at a coffeehouse. Currently, I’m researching how to add a sunroom addition to our home. Wouldn’t that make a cool office?

That would be a cool office!  I write in the living room and love the idea of having one. 

Share your bio:

Sherry Kyle is the author of Delivered with Love, The Heart Stone, Watercolor Dreams, and Road to Harmony. Sherry also writes books for tweens and is a Gold Mom’s Choice Award winner. When she isn’t writing, she enjoys taking walks, decorating her beach home, and spending time with family and friends. She lives on the California coast with her husband and their four children. You can visit her at www.sherrykyle.com, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest.

Buy link

1 comment:

Marilyn R. said...

Nice to be introduced to a new author like Sherry Kyle. Road to Harmony sounds like an enjoyable read. Thank you for sharing.

Abundant Grace: 40 Days of Walking in the Goodness of God: A #Devotional #preorder

  Abundant Grace: 40 Days of Walking in the Goodness of God: A Devotional  April 2, 2024 by  Will Kassner   (Author),  Courtney Kassner   (A...