Sunday, May 28, 2017

When Tides Turn


When Tides Turn 

Waves of Freedom Book #3

E-book, hardcover, paperback 

by Sarah Sundin 


  • Paperback: 400 pages
  • Publisher: Revell 
  • March 14, 2017
  • ISBN-13: 978-0800723446


In a time of war, sometimes battles take place in the heart. 

Tess Beaumont is tired of being thought of as just a pretty face. Eager to do her part for the war effort, she joins the Navy's newly established WAVES program for women. Perhaps there she can convince people that there is more to her than meets the eye. 

Lt. Dan Avery has been using his skills in the fight against German U-boats and hoping to make admiral. The last thing he wants to see on his radar is a girl like Tess. Convinced that romance will interfere with his goals, Dan is determined to stay the course, no matter how intriguing a distraction Tess is. 

But love, like war, is unpredictable. When Dan is shipped out at the peak of the Battle of the Atlantic, he finds himself torn between his lifelong career goals and his desire to help the beguiling Tess root out a possible spy on shore. Could this fun-loving glamour girl really be the one?

My thoughts: Oh, my word. Ms. Sundin's books just get better and better and better. I absolutely one hundred percent fell madly in love with Dan and Tess. WHEN TIDES TURNED held me spellbound all the way through from start to finish and it was so hard to put it down to do what I had to d0. 

Dan is a bit of a stick in the mud. Steadfast. Solid. Dependable. Set on the course and no deviation. And then there is Tess.  A beautiful golden girl who totally captivated Dan, and even though he fought it he couldn't resist her. Add a touch of mystery, intrigue of sabotage of the war efforts, and false accusations against Dan from a former rival in another book, and  I had to keep reading to see what would happen, although I knew there would be a HEA. There has to be. But getting there was the fun.  

I cannot wait for Ms. Sundin's new series, releasing in Spring 2018. I can't believe I have to wait a whole year! If you like historical romance, WWII fiction, military fiction, or even espionage, don't miss WHEN TIDES TURN. A fantastic read. "I was provided a free copy of this book. All opinions are my own." 

2 comments:

Marilyn R. said...

I haven't read any of Sarah Sundin's books, but sounds like I'm going to need to change that, based on your lovely review. : )

Sarah Sundin said...

Thank you for the lovely review, Laura! I'm so glad you enjoyed Dan & Tess's story!

Abundant Grace: 40 Days of Walking in the Goodness of God: A #Devotional #preorder

  Abundant Grace: 40 Days of Walking in the Goodness of God: A Devotional  April 2, 2024 by  Will Kassner   (Author),  Courtney Kassner   (A...