Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Safety in Blunders

The Worst Detective Ever #3

ebook, paperback
  • Paperback: 300 pages
  • Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
  •  (March 20, 2017)
  • ISBN-13: 978-1544816258


Hollywood sweetheart Joey Darling's adventures and mishaps continue in the third book of the charming mystery series set in the Outer Banks of North Carolina. My name is Joey Darling, and I’m a disgrace to imaginary detectives everywhere. 

When actress Joey Darling discovers a mermaid tail with drops of fresh blood on it while hiking in a remote nature preserve, she knows something suspicious is going on. As details surface, Joey realizes she’s dealing with a problem she has encountered one too many times: someone desperate for fame who falls victim to a predator. 

With the help of her neighbor Zane Oakley and the opposition of local detective Jackson Sullivan, Joey hunts for answers, unaware of the deadly net in which she’s about to entangle herself. Joey knows she’s a fish out of water when it comes to cracking cases, but can she use her talent—acting—to help find the missing woman? Or will Joey end up swimming with sharks?



My thoughts: First, the disclaimer. "I was provided a free copy of this book. All opinions are my own." That done, SAFETY IN BLUNDERS is the third in the Worst Detective Ever series by Christy Barritt but it easily stands alone. Fans will not want to miss Joey's latest misadventures as another case falls in her lap while she's minding her own business at the beauty shop where she works. 

I had fun trying to figure out who-dun-it and what they did exactly, as nothing was clear except for a missing person, a bloody mermaid tail, and a whole slew of rich and famous wannabes who were up to  no good. 

I love Zane and Jackson both, and while I have my idea who I'd like Joey to end up with (assuming it ends with a romance) I won't be disappointed either way. 

SAFETY IN BLUNDERS didn't have the sass and zing that the first two books in the series had (Ready to Fumble and Reign of Error) and it was a slower-paced book, but it was still one of the best books I've read this month. (I read this in April,) 

If you like cozy mysteries, then please give Ms. Barritt's Worst Detective Ever series a try. 


No comments:

Abundant Grace: 40 Days of Walking in the Goodness of God: A #Devotional #preorder

  Abundant Grace: 40 Days of Walking in the Goodness of God: A Devotional  April 2, 2024 by  Will Kassner   (Author),  Courtney Kassner   (A...