Sunday, May 2, 2010

Forget Me Not


Title: FORGET ME NOT
Author: Vicki Hinze
Publisher: Multnomah
March 2010
ISBN: 978-1-601142-205-7
Genre: Inspirational/suspense

Benjamin Brandt has lost everything he loved--his beloved wife, Susan, and their young son, Christopher, when his family was brutally murdered. Now, Ben has lost his faith, and the only think keeping him going is his determination to find their killers and have them brought to justice. But after three years of only dead ends, his hope is dying.

Then the director at Crossroads Shelter calls Ben, claiming that a woman has shown up at the shelter, and she remarkably resembles Ben’s deceased wife, Susan. Not only that, but she is wearing Susan’s cross necklace, and she was driving a red jag (Susan’s car) when she was hi-jacked and beaten, left for dead. The woman has no memory, and doesn’t know who she is.

As Ben questions this woman, the connections between his Susan and this mystery woman mount, exceeding coincidence. And someone is on this other woman’s tail. Her only hope for survival is to work with Ben, and trust that her memory will return. Will that be enough to save her life?

FORGET ME NOT is the first book I read by this author, but it definitely won’t be the last. The story did start out with quite a bit of violence that made me kind of iffy about the story, but once I got past that, the whole story was well thought out, the characterization excellent, and all the loose ends were neatly tied and clipped by the end of the book.

I literally couldn’t put this book down. I started reading it yesterday while I was waiting for a computer program to open up, and by the time my slow computer did what it was supposed to do, I was hooked. The book was finished by night, even with interruptions by my five kids, and errands to run. I am looking forward to many more books by this author. Discussion questions are included at the end of the book. I can’t wait to read book two coming in Spring 2011. $13.99. 329 pages.

No comments:

An Interview with Jonathan Gibson, Author of My First ABC Book of Bible Verses

  An Interview with Jonathan Gibson, Author of  My First ABC Book of Bible Verses   It’s never too early to start sharing the big truths of ...