Sunday, August 9, 2015

The Sandcastle Sister

Title: THE SANDCASTLE SISTER
Author: Lisa Wingate
Publisher: Tyndale
May 2015
ASIN:  B00Y3MKDK8
Genre: Contemporary / Women’s fiction
Series: A Carolina Chronicles #2.5


An Outer Banks Novella*

I want to be like this stretch of freshly cleared shore. At times I think, I'm ready. Let the waves wash over me. But then I catch myself running from the tide just before it happens . . .

New York editor Jen Gibbs knew when she bought Evan Hall's next blockbuster book, it would change her career. She didn't know it would change her life. But after being sent along on the European book tour, at Evan's request, she has made a promise she's not sure she can keep--she's crossed professional lines and accepted Evan's surprising engagement proposal. Now she's scared to death. In Jen's family, marriage represents the death of every dream a woman holds for herself.

Can the revelation of her mother's long-held secret open the doors to Jen's future and change her beliefs about life and love?

THE SANDCASTLE SISTER is the continuation of Evan’s and Jen’s story. I wanted to read more about them, and I’m glad Ms. Wingate offered another novella, but I wanted this one to be longer than it was. I loved the ending—such a pleasant surprise. It was also nice getting to know some of the members of Jen’s family.  I would love to read more about them.

This was a great novella, easily read in a day. There are also the usual nuggets of wisdom included, that one can’t keep from highlighting or journaling so you can go back and reread when needed. I love Ms. Wingate’s books. If you haven’t read any, pick up a copy of THE SANDCASTLE SISTER or the previous books in the series, The Prayer Box and The Story Keeper, as well as the other two novellas, The Sea Glass Sisters and The Tidewater Sisters.

Recommended.

4.5 stars. Available in ebook. 131 pages.


I bought this book and was not required to write a review. 

No comments:

While the City Sleeps (Women of Midtown)

  While the City Sleeps  (Women of Midtown)  February 13, 2024 by  Elizabeth Camden   (Author) Amid the hushed city, two hearts must navigat...