Sunday, March 19, 2023

Do You Do Well To Be Angry? By Sharon Musgrove #Devotional #Sundaythoughts

 


 

“Do you do well to be angry?”

 

This was the question God posed to His prophet, as Jonah sat sulking.  Jonah was angry with the Lord’s mercy shown to people he believed undeserving.  (Jonah 4:4 ESV)

 

This same question was posed to me as I sat sulking over the difficulties of my life.  I’d like to justify that my bad attitude wasn’t over God giving grace to others.  But the truth is, I pout because I don’t feel God’s blessings are fair. 

 

Why God, do I suffer from physical pain while others do not?

 

Why is my child disabled while others run free?

 

Why don’t I get the same graces as others do in their lives?

 

When I focus on what the Lord is not doing in my life, I forget the good things He is doing.  I don’t see beauty, only blemishes.  Likewise, when I am fixated on the favors the Lord bestows on others, I neglect gratitude and grow grumpier.

 

God’s pointed question was meant to reveal problems in Jonah’s thought process and open dialogue.  He offers that same opportunity to us, to talk about His mercy and grace, if we are willing to admit we are not doing well when we are angry. 

 

And maybe wellness isn’t measured by whether we are physically healthy or pain free, but by how true our beliefs are on the God who is blessing everyone.

 

Do you need to check the condition of your heart today?  Are you sulking too?  The remedy God uses to heal is not shame, but a gentle redirection of our eyes by questioning our anger.  Are you ready to talk with Him?

 

 Author Bio:

 


Sharon has been writing and teaching biblically based curriculum, Bible studies, and devotionals since 2007.    

 

She has had the unique position of writing curriculum and teaching for two private, Christ-based, residential recovery programs. Both programs primarily served women in the homeless community.

 

Sharon has traveled multiple times to Kenya, serving on medical teams and teaching in the rural Maasai communities. She’s been privileged to speak in Leadership camps intended on encouraging and empowering the impoverished, underprivileged, and often abused young women.

 

Within these ministries, Sharon has witnessed the transformative power of loving words spoken to the broken-hearted. Sharing God’s love and witnessing its transformative power has become her passion.

 

Sharon and her husband, divide their time between Oregon and Hawaii. They have two grown children. 

 

Currently, Sharon is encouraging others via her inspirational blog, but prefers sharing face to face. Additionally, she is working towards a degree in Ministry. 

 

~*~

Connect with Sharon:

Website: Sharonmusgrove.com

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Sharon-Musgrove-Untethered-102208978041060

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/sharonmusgrove_untethered/





 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

This Special Blessing for You Hardcover – Picture Book #childrensbook

  This Special Blessing for You  Hardcover – Picture Book, February 20, 2024 by  Eric Schrotenboer   (Author),  Meredith Schrotenboer   (Aut...