Thursday, September 29, 2011

Living With Less So Your Family Has More

Congratulations to Beth Bulow for winning a copy of Penny Zeller's book, Hailee.


Title: LIVING WITH LESS SO YOUR FAMILY HAS MORE
Authors: Jill and Mark Savage
Publisher: Guideposts
March 2010
ISBN: 978-0-8249-4801-6
Genre: Inspirational/nonfiction/finance

The world we live in believes that the more we have, the better off we are. We’re striving for bigger paychecks so we can have that fancy bass boat, the big house in the good part of town, designer shoes, and our sixteen year old daughter can dress live a diva. But all that it really does is bring more stress into our already stressed lives.

But—if you have made any of the following comments, you might want to consider reading this book:

. I’m tired of living with constant stress.
. I feel disconnected from my spouse and kids.
. I want to laugh again.
. I’m earning more, but I feel like I’m living less.
. I’m tired of rushing from one activity to another.
. I wish our family could sit around the dinner table talking and laughing.
. There are not enough hours in a day.
. There has to be a simpler way.

In LIVING WITH LESS SO YOUR FAMILY HAS MORE, the Savages help families:

. Identify a long-term vision for your family.
. Show the attitudes you need to adopt to make that a reality.
. Share action steps to make small and big changes.
. Determine if its feasible for one parent to stay home.
. How to live on one income.
and more.

If you want more time for your family and less stress, then LIVING ON LESS SO YOUR FAMILY HAS MORE is a book that you will want to read. I highly recommend it to families that are looking to cut back and live a quieter life, yet one where they can develop relationships with their family. Discussion questions are included, as well as notes. $12.99. 210 pages.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Laura,
I offer books for review and have some you might be interested in. I would like you to join our team of reviewers. Please contact me so I can get some information out to you about these great books.

This Special Blessing for You Hardcover – Picture Book #childrensbook

  This Special Blessing for You  Hardcover – Picture Book, February 20, 2024 by  Eric Schrotenboer   (Author),  Meredith Schrotenboer   (Aut...