Monday, January 16, 2012

The Mercy


Title: THE MERCY
Author: Beverly Lewis
Publisher: Bethany House
September 2011
ISBN: 978-0764206016
Genre: Inspirational/Amish

Two Amish sisters are struggling to find their places in life…

Hen continues to care for her husband, blinded in a car accident when he was going to file for divorce from her. Hen knows that when his sight returns their marriage is over, but yet she hopes and prays that he’ll heal. She embraces her former Amish lifestyle, raising their young daughter, Mattie Sue, to be Amish as well.

Rose Ann is still struggling from when her beau left her for another love. She finally meets someone at a meal with her brother, but her heart isn’t completely engaged. Will she find her forever love?

THE MERCY is the final book in Ms. Lewis’ The Rose Trilogy. Readers will want to read the first two books in the series The Thorn andThe Judgment before reading The Mercy as the books do not stand alone.

I didn’t find THE MERCY up to Ms. Lewis’ usual spell-binding style. I found myself skimming a lot, and some of the story seemed to just drag on. But I had to keep reading to find out a couple things I wondered about since book one. Such as, what really did happen to Christian? I found the ending rather rushed. This is my least favorite series of Ms. Lewis, but she hasn’t lost me as a reader. $14.99. 306 pages.



I received this book in return for review from the publisher.

No comments:

Just for the Summer: (A Fun Swapped Roles Contemporary Clean Romance Novel)

  Just for the Summer:  (A Fun Swapped Roles Contemporary Clean Romance Novel)  March 19, 2024 by  Melody Carlson   (Author) Ginny Masters m...