Thursday, June 7, 2012

Temptation


Title: TEMPTATION
Author: Travis Thrasher
Publisher: David C. Cook
April 2012
ISBN: 978-1-4347-6417-1
Genre: Young Adult/Christian mystery/supernatural suspense

TEMPTATION is the third book in Mr. Thrasher’s Solitary Tales Series. It is the story of Chris Buckley’s soul-wrenching journey as he goes deeper into the darkness that threatens all he loves best.

Chris is a reluctant student at Harrington High’s summer school, and there he meets a fun-loving girl who is a welcome diversion from Chris’ past. Chris stops searching for truth about the town of Solitary, and no longer tries to piece it’s shadows, or his role in the mysteries surrounding it.

So, Chris makes a new choice—he runs. But he doesn’t realize he’s running the wrong way—and is very close to being beyond any choices at all…

Okay, I’ll be honest. I didn’t read Solitary or Gravestone so I was totally lost when I tried to get into TEMPTATION. I didn’t know the previous story, and I felt like I was dropped into the end of a very confusing drama. So, if you haven’t read the first two books in this series, then make sure you do before starting TEMPTATION.

TEMPTATION isn’t just for young adults. If you like supernatural suspense, then TEMPTATION is a book for you to consider. We are fighting a spiritual battle, and TEMPTATION is a good reminder of that. The book ends with Chris needing to make a major decision, an excellent draw into the final book in the series Hurt, releasing in January 2013.

I am not a fan of supernatural suspense, nor mysteries, so I am definitely the wrong person to review this book. So, even though this book didn’t exactly excite me, it might be just the one you’re looking for. The writing was great, scary, edge-of-the-seat style. The characterization, fantastic. So, basing my rating on that, four stars. $9.99. 336 pages.
.

No comments:

This Special Blessing for You Hardcover – Picture Book #childrensbook

  This Special Blessing for You  Hardcover – Picture Book, February 20, 2024 by  Eric Schrotenboer   (Author),  Meredith Schrotenboer   (Aut...