Monday, December 28, 2015

Diary of a Wimpy Elf

Diary of a Wimpy Elf 

The Legend Diaries

ebook and paperback

by Renae Brumbaugh


  • Print Length: 118 pages
  • Publisher: Armonia Publishing; 1 edition 
  • Publication Date: November 15, 2015
  • ASIN: B0182SJ2QY

Most of you reading this have a sweet, cozy picture of what goes on at the North Pole. Cute little elves, tra-la-la-ing as they build wooden train sets, play with sample toys, and paint eyelashes on dollies. And while some of that does take place, let me just say . . . that doesn't even begin to describe life at the North Pole. This book is my personal diary. It's the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth so help me Rudolph. So if you're happy with your cozy little half-picture, walk away. This book is NOT for you. And that's okay . . . ignorance is bliss, and believe me, I'd love to have a little more bliss in my life. But if you want to know what REALLY goes on up here . . . buy this book. Read it. And then say a prayer for me, because I need all the prayers I can get. Because life as an elf . . . it's harrowing. 

DIARY OF A WIMPY ELF is a totally cute 'diary' type story about what one poor little elf has to experience every month.  I love some of the things about the story, including that they included church service, a pastor, and the nativity, in spite of it being a Santa and elves story. I also like how the reindeer were given personalities and liked different treats mixed into their oats, not to mention different holiday drinks, such as hot cider, hot chocolate or even root beer.  A totally fun story that is sure to be a holiday hit for your favorite child, no matter what time of the year they read it. 

No comments:

Abundant Grace: 40 Days of Walking in the Goodness of God: A #Devotional #preorder

  Abundant Grace: 40 Days of Walking in the Goodness of God: A Devotional  April 2, 2024 by  Will Kassner   (Author),  Courtney Kassner   (A...