Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Thin Ice

Thin Ice: A Novel 

Men of Valor #2

Paperback, ebook, hardcover

January 5, 2016

by Irene Hannon (Author)


  • Paperback: 400 pages
  • Publisher: Revell 
  • ISBN-13: 978-0800724535

If Ginny Reed is still alive--who is the woman buried in her grave?
After losing her parents and her sister, Christy Reed has been mired in grief. Now, life is finally starting to feel normal again--until an envelope addressed in her sister's handwriting arrives in the mail. And the note inside claims she is still alive.

FBI Special Agent Lance McGregor, a former Delta Force operator, is assigned to reopen the case . . . but he's coming up with more questions than answers. Is Christy a pawn in a twisted cat-and-mouse game--or the target of a sinister plot? As Lance digs deeper, one thing becomes clear: someone in the shadows has a deadly agenda.

My thoughts: THIN ICE is a book I borrowed from my friend since I didn't get it for review. But I'm reviewing it anyway, even if I don't have to. :) This book is slower paced than some of Ms. Hannon's others, but still every bit as chilling. I literally shivered in some places. The book has several twists and turns, some surprised me, some didn't. The "bad guy" is revealed early on, but who he actually was in relationship to Christy wasn't. A great book that kept me reading from beginning to end. Outstanding romantic suspense. I can't wait for book 3 in this series! (The first book is Buried Secrets).  Christy refers to having faith, but Lance has turned away from his. There is no showing of his return.  4.5 stars.

No comments:

Amelia's Hope (Plain Path Book 2)

  l Amelia's Hope  (Plain Path Book 2) by   Susan Lantz Simpson   (Author)   Young widow Amelia Stauffer loves her serene life caring fo...