Sunday, October 29, 2017

The Lifeguard, the Abandoned Heiress, & Frozen Custard

The Lifeguard, the Abandoned Heiress, & Frozen Custard: Contemporary Christian Romance (Serenity Landing Lifeguards Book 2)

Kindle Edition

  • Print Length: 175 pages
  • Publisher: CANDID Publications
  • Publication Date: July 15, 2016
  • ASIN: B01IKSX7E4

Adam Wilkerson is a lifeguard at the Serenity Landing Aquatic Center, and looking forward to a summer of fun and freedom before settling into adult life. The sudden appearance of a young woman with secrets, but who somehow manages to stir in Adam emotions long dormant, threatens to change his summer plans.

Gwendolyn Cranston-Schmidt is looking for a fresh start, and her one hope at help – her cousin – is unavailable. Time to find a job and a place to live. For a girl who’s never worked a day in her life, the struggle is real. Plus, her secrets are going to find her out, sooner rather than later. What she didn’t plan on was a cute guy who easily finds his way past her protective barriers.

Adam and Gwendolyn find themselves spending more and more time together – and sharing their secrets. Can they find a way to get beyond both of their pasts – or will their pasts come back to haunt them before they can move forward together?

My thoughts:  THE LIFEGUARD, THE ABANDONED HEIRESS, & FROZEN CUSTARD is the second book in Ms. Moncado's Lifeguard series, but it easily stands alone. I did read the first book in this series, both otherwise, I haven't read Ms. Moncado's books. 

At first I thought this was a young adult (teen) book, and honestly, it maybe. It reads that way. But Adam had been married before and Gwendolyn is pregnant, and she is debating keeping the baby or putting it up for adoption, and it confused me what genre it actually fell in with the tone and the characters.  

I do like this book. My son worked as a lifeguard for years (though not in as big of a place as this) and she knows her stuff. My niece and nephews who live in the town (city) where this is actually set go to the aquatic center written about often during the summer. 

There were some twists I never saw coming in this book, and I loved the way Ms Moncado worked in the faith message.  

I bought this book as part of the Whispers of Love anthology which has since been disbanded. and I didn't have to write a review.  All opinions are my own. 


No comments:

One Wrong Move (Jeopardy Falls)

  One Wrong Move  (Jeopardy Falls)  February 6, 2024 by  Dani Dani Pettrey   (Author) Taunting riddles. A deadly string of heists. Two broke...