Sunday, May 13, 2018

Honeysuckle Dreams

(A Blue Ridge Romance #2) 

Paperback ebook, audiobook, MP3 CD 

May 1, 2018

by Denise Hunter

  • Paperback: 320 pages
  • Publisher: Thomas Nelson 
  • ISBN-13: 978-0718090524

After Brady Collins’ ex-wife dies, he receives devastating news—his nine-month-old son Sam isn’t his son at all. And Sam’s wealthy maternal grandparents want custody of the child. Brady knows he’s in for the fight of his life. But regardless of what any blood test says, Sam is his son, and Brady will go to any lengths to keep him.
Brady’s attorney tips him off that one major life change would virtually assure him of winning guardianship of baby Sam at the final hearing: an impending marriage. And his friend Hope is willing to step in as the loving and devoted fiance.
Local radio celebrity Hope Daniels has been driven by a solitary goal her entire life, and after a happy accident she’s finally offered her dream job. But if the truth comes out about her arrangement with Brady, she may miss the chance of a lifetime and stand in the way of a dear friend’s dreams.
As Brady and Hope make sacrifices to help each other in their times of need, they risk uncovering a truth neither of them expects to find.




My thoughts:  HONEYSUCKLE DREAMS is part of Ms. Hunter's Blue Ridge Romance series but it easily stands alone. I fell in love with Brady and Hope and sweet little Sam, though Hope did get on my nerves at first with her over-the-top baby talk (which is realistic, but who wants to read it for chapters? Oh, you do! You do! Yes, you do!) 

The thing that bothered me most about the book was the use of "soft swear words" that I know doesn't bother a lot of people, but more conservative readers will be bothered by it.  Some might be bothered by the use of words like sex and sexy but it was between a married couple, and the bedroom door was shut before any marital relations were played out. There were plenty of hot kisses though. 

I think this book was definitely the best of the three books I've read in this series, (I guess the first one was marketed as stand-alone, and technically this is second in the series, but...) they all do stand-alone. Readers will want to read Sweetbriar Cottage and Blue Ridge Sunrise and I can't wait to read On Magnolia Lane (November 2018).

Fans of Ms. Hunter's steamy romances will definitely want to read HONEYSUCKLE DREAMS. This couple kept me up at night as I couldn't put the book down. 

I received a copy of HONEYSUCKLE DREAMS free. All opinions are my own. 


1 comment:

Marilyn R. said...

Honeysuckle Dreams sounded like a nice story to read until I saw in your throughts "soft swear words". I prefer not having any swear words in Christian Fiction.

An Interview with Jonathan Gibson, Author of My First ABC Book of Bible Verses

  An Interview with Jonathan Gibson, Author of  My First ABC Book of Bible Verses   It’s never too early to start sharing the big truths of ...