Sunday, January 12, 2020

Hurry Up and Wait By Jenna V Hilton




"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.  For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9 (KJV)

My pit bull lab mix, Skye, has a system. Every morning, she gets up and I let her outside. Fifteen or so minutes later she whines, letting me know that she’s ready for breakfast. The whole time I’m getting her food she’s tap dancing and wagging her butt. I put her food down and she dances into my arms. Skye will not eat until she’s been properly loved and cuddled.

God has a hurry up and wait system too. We want something, not seeing the big picture. God says “No. not yet.” We tend to rail at God when He says this. But later on, we will see why He gave us that answer. And we will praise Him for His unconditional love and desire for us to succeed.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for loving us enough to say no to things that we want but aren’t ready for yet. Give us the ability to take Your answers with grace, and the patience to wait for the right time for the gifts You have for us. In Jesus Name, Amen.


Jenna V. Hilton is seventeen, and lives in Arkansas with her parents, two sisters, a brother, and dog. She is a senior in high school and planning to attend college to become a veterinarian.



1 comment:

Marilyn R. said...

A great reminder to wait on God as He knows exactly what is best for His children. Jenna, thank you for sharing your insight. Blessings.

The Mysterious Amish Bachelor: An Uplifting Inspirational Romance (Indiana Amish Market, 4)

  The Mysterious Amish Bachelor: An Uplifting Inspirational Romance  (Indiana Amish Market, 4) April 23, 2024 by  Vannetta Chapman   (Author...