Sunday, August 30, 2020

Guest Post Why Writing is a Form of Personal Therapy by Adrienne Quinn


Journaling has saved many of my days and it has given me the gift of mental dumping. In past years, I journaled daily, more than I have done consistently in the present time. The journaling was probably more consistent years ago because it was my only form of therapy, until I started counseling two years ago. By mental dumping and saving many of my days, I mean when moments become emotionally heavy or filled with confusion, I can gather myself at the end of the day in the comforts of a warm bed, an aromatic candle, and silence and mentally dump the details onto a piece of paper. The paper does not talk, it does not laugh, it does not whisper my secrets when I put it away in its hidden place, it does not judge, and it does not falter when a tear tarnishes its perfect lines of ink. I can choose the leave the day on paper, rest through the night with less mental weight, and start the next day anew.

I have written in journals for many years. Recently, I decided to read my prayers and journals from the past.  It enlightened me on how far I had grown mentally and emotionally. It made me aware of how intact my personal relationship is with God. It reminded me of how blessed my life has been and that many of the things that I had asked for, I have been gifted. Reading over old journals made me grateful for the times that I thought I was mentally warped and too low to bounce back. Reviewing the pathway that lead me to where I am now, places my life into perspective. That is the personal therapy that writing gifts us. Writing out your journey gives you the ability to go back, to evaluate, to reset, to alter, to remember, to readjust, to forgive yourself, to forgive others, to grow, to measure, and most of all to be grateful. 




 

Write Now Literary is pleased to be organizing a two-week book tour for Through Healed Lenses by Adrienne’Quinn. The book tour will run August 24-Sept 4, 2020.

               

Genre: Non-Fiction    

 

ISBN-13: 979-8648414099

ASIN: B08DC1P8MY

                                                                                                                                Meet Adrienne

 

Adrienne Kelly, pen name, Adrienne'Quinn, is a practicing Acute Care Nurse Practitioner in Atlanta, GA. Adrienne's childhood included being raised by a single mother and growing up in a small town with a large, close-knit maternal family who heavily influences her upbringing and writings. She is a mom two a boy, Joziah and girl, Azariah. She is the CEO and founder of Gifting Love LLC, an organization that focuses on holistic mentoring through the use of spiritual and emotional education, as well as therapy services for adolescent girls. Adrienne started her therapy journey years ago and has become an avid supporter of counseling services.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                                                                                                About The Book

 

How often do you find yourself wondering why the same outcomes in relationships, be it familiar or personal, continue to happen to you? When is the last time you caught yourself feeling as if there was something missing? Or something more to life than your current predicaments? When was the last time you had a negative thought about yourself, that you could not comfortably say aloud because society would judge it by their skewed standards? Or how about a time when you felt defeated but had to keep moving forward for the sake of image or responsibility? In Adrienne ‘Quinn’s new book, every page answers, provides depth, and context to the above questions.

 

 

 

 

Excerpt

           

Life is a slideshow full of relationships. The journey we experience with our parent, children, brother, sister, friend, teachers, strangers, significant other, and spouse are all relationships in which we learn to exist and navigate life. The people gifted to us by blood were, in some realm, ordained by God to guide and influence our life experiences. These life experiences do not always present as the most favorable or positive; however, they are a part of our story.

 

Connect Socially                                                                            Purchase Link

 

 

 Facebook       IG       Website                                                                  Amazon

 

 

Tour organized by Write Now Literary

 






No comments:

This Special Blessing for You Hardcover – Picture Book #childrensbook

  This Special Blessing for You  Hardcover – Picture Book, February 20, 2024 by  Eric Schrotenboer   (Author),  Meredith Schrotenboer   (Aut...