Sunday, September 12, 2021

But... I Want YOU!! By Jenna V Hilton

 


My little sister and I take turns sleeping with my pitbull lab mix, Skye, in our rooms. Our rooms are right across from each others, so one of us can just call her over. Skye knows the difference in my room, my little sister's room, and my mom's room by phrases. We call her to Mom's room by saying "Bible study" and she slowly walks in. We call her to my little sister's room by saying "Kaeli's room" and she slowly walks in. We call her to my room by saying "mommy's room" (I know, cringe. 😂) and Skye BARRELS into my room, destroys my bed, and then looks at me expectantly, like, "I'm here. You coming?" 

Skye's tagged me as her owner and best friend. Whenever someone else calls Skye, (other than my dad) Skye sulks and refuses to move. She wants to stay in my room with me. 

God wants us to have that kind of excitement about spending time with Him, too. He's our heavenly father, and if we let Him, He's our best friend. Spending time with God should be the highlight of our day, and the hardest thing to stop doing. 

That's not always easy, and sometimes we just ignore Him completely. I've learned from experience, though, that if you don't meet with God, a regular, slightly inconveniencing day can turn into a full-blown nightmare. Not because God jinxes us, but because Satan saw us ignore God and jumped on the opportunity to make our lives miserable. We need daily communion with God to ward off the devil. 

Dear heavenly father, thank you for allowing us to come into your presence everyday. Help us not to take it for granted, and help us to grow in you. In Jesus name, amen.



Jenna V. Hilton is nineteen, and lives in Arkansas with her parents, two sisters, a brother, and dog.  She is a senior in high school and planning to attend college to become a veterinarian. 

















No comments:

The Mysterious Amish Bachelor: An Uplifting Inspirational Romance (Indiana Amish Market, 4)

  The Mysterious Amish Bachelor: An Uplifting Inspirational Romance  (Indiana Amish Market, 4) April 23, 2024 by  Vannetta Chapman   (Author...